Burglars are opportunists. They want your valuables, and they’ll strike at any time to get them. At Protect America, we want to make sure your home and your family are always safe, so we’ve decided to create a list of things you should always do and a list of things you should never do to ensure the safety of your home and your family.
- Always turn your home security system on.
- Always lock your doors and windows.
- Always close your blinds and curtains at night.
- Always tell the post office to hold your mail when you’re out of town.
- Always set your lights to turn on and off daily when you’re out of town.
- Always leave a spare key with a neighbor or friend.
- Always look through your peephole before opening the door.
- Always hang visible deterrents outside like a home security system sign.
- Always change your locks if you lose your keys.
- Always make sure your house number is visible.
- Always inform your children of best safety practices.
- Never leave a key to your home directly outside of it.
- Never enter your home if you suspect someone you do not know is inside.
- Never let your lawn or hedges look unkempt.
- Never leave a note on your door for anyone.
- Never open the door for a stranger.
- Never let anyone inside of your home that you do not know, no matter what.
- Never give off the impression you’re not home.
- Never leave packing from expensive items on your curb.
- Never leave your garage unlocked.
- Never post when you’ll be out of town on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Never post photos of your home on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
If you keep this Always/Never List in mind on a daily basis, you’ll keep your home and your family safer too. If you still don’t have a home security system, make sure to contact Protect America now at 888-951-5136 or fill out the form on the right. Stay Safe!