Suddenlink is primarily an entertainment and broadband communications company. You can set up an account for telephone, internet services, cable television and other services like Suddenlink to go. In addition, you can also acquire a home security system. Suddenlink’s home security system allows you to monitor your home through any connected device, such as a phone, tablet, or computer. What should you do when you are ready to cancel your system and upgrade to a security system where security is their priority, like Protect America.
Consider Your Options
Before you decide to cancel your Suddenlink home security, you should consider your options.
- You may be vulnerable to unwanted intrusions without proper security.
- There may be fees for canceling your service prematurely.
- Reactivation could be expensive. Choose a new provider carefully once you’ve decided to opt out of Suddenlink. There could be hidden fees and expensive in your new contract.
- There are no refunds. According to Suddenlink, “PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED SUBSCRIPTION PERIODS.”
Cancellation and Termination Fees
There are no cancellation fees required by Suddenlink, but there is an early termination fee. If you end your contract with Suddenlink before the specified term, you will be required to pay a $200 termination fee. This does not include any equipment and service fees you may owe. There are three ways to cancel your contract.
- Phone – Call an agent at 877-694-9474 to cancel your system.
- Store – Stop by one of your local Suddenlink stores and have someone assist you with your cancellation.
- Website – Go to your account on the website and deactivate your account.
After You Cancel Your Suddenlink Subscription
When you are ready to switch, you can contact a representative at ProtectAmerica.com to get you started with a premium security system to help protect your home. Protect America has Copper, Silver, and Platinum packages that are easy to understand as well as affordable. Each package includes a control panel, motion detector, yard sign, and window and door sensors. Turn your home into a smart house with an upgraded smart home automation tool.
Smart home automation allows you to use your devices to control:
- Smoke detectors
- Door locks
- Garage door locks
- HD Video Services
Protect America has specialized technicians that can install and answer any questions you may have about your new security system. Get your quote today!