Our interactive app has been updated with a lot of new features. However, when the app goes through an update you will often times have to sign into the app again. Lately we’ve been experiencing people having issues remembering their login information. That’s definitely not a fun thing to have happen. But you’ve come to the right place! There are a few ways to get past this issue without having to call our support line for help. Let’s take a look and see if any of those solutions might work for you!
How to Reset Your Password
In order to reset your password so you can access your interactive home security app on your smart phone, you must first visit: www.protectamericainteractive.com The page should look like this:
Under the sign in boxes and next to the submit button is a “forgot password” link. See the screen shot below:
If you click that link you will be given the form to reset your password. You will need your user name, phone number, and e-mail. Using this information you can reset your password. Here are a couple helpful hints when trying to remember you username and password.
- Your user name is usually your first and last name as one word
- Keep in mind the password is required to be 6-16 characters long
- Are your fingers accidentally shifted on the keyboard?
- Be sure you’re not accidentally typing with Caps Lock on!
- Be sure you’re not accidentally typing with the Number Lock key on either
- The most obvious advice is to try some of your other passwords. Very few computer users actually create unique passwords for each account that requires one. Most people have one or two passwords that they use across all of their accounts.
Still need help?
If after all this mental work you still can’t remember your password, you may have to try something a little more high-tech like a password recovery program.
If you need to reach out to us during this process or find yourself hitting a wall – let us provide you with a few hints to make your conversation with one of our security experts more efficient! When talking to a representative about this, they will first ask you to verify your account with your system address, both phone numbers for the account, and the verbal password you set up for your account.
You can always call our customer care number for help, or you can skip the phone call and chat with us from anywhere!
- Chat portal is located here or anywhere on the home site nav bar menu on the top of the page
- Customer Care information: here
They will be able to help you reset your password for your interactive app!
Future App Updates
There’s a pretty good chance that there will be other app updates in the future. In order to prevent this from happening again, store your password in a safe place! Consider keeping them in a safe or a safe-deposit box so that they’ll only be accessed by those who need to know.
Once you are able to reset your password, be sure to come up with a password that is both secure and memorable for you. If you are worried about how secure a password is for you, simply use this online password checker.
- Don’t save passwords or use “remember me” on public computers.
- Keep written passwords stored securely.
We hope that this blog has helped you get through the unfortunate process of having to recover a lost password to an important application. While this process can be very stressful, we hope to minimize that by posting this information for you to read! We care about our customers immensely and always want to make you and your family feel safe and secure. For more tips and information about home security, follow us on social media: Facebook Twitter Instagram