If you’ve ever been startled by the beeps or voice of your Protect America system, or your sound is coming in more quietly than you’d like, this guide is for you.
Both our Simon XT and XTi model volumes can be changed directly from the panel. The only thing that can’t be changed is the gender or accent of your panel voice, the XT and XTi only come in a female voice. But it is possible to change the volume of the voice and beeps, or nix any volume entirely and mute your system.
How to Adjust the Volume
Start by going to the main menu and tapping the gear icon in order to enter the settings menu.
Use the down button and select system programming by clicking okay. The panel will then ask for the master code, enter it in and press okay.
Push the down button until you can find siren options and press okay. Select speaker volume and choose a volume between 1 and 8 followed by the okay button.
This changes the panels voice volume. Press status to exit, then select status beep volume, this will change the volume of the beeps you hear when you press buttons or arm the system. Choose a volume between 2 and 7 and press okay. To exit, press status until the screen says disarmed and you’re done.
- On the main menu, tap on the gear icon in order to enter the settings menu
- Tap on the down arrow to scroll to the second screen
- The last line is for voice Volume. Use the left and right arrows to decrease or increase the volume. Four white bars is the loudest and zero white bars means the system has been muted.
How to Adjust the Chime and Beep Volumes on Simon XTi
Start by getting to the settings menu if you aren’t already there. To get to the settings menu, tap the gear icon in the home menu to enter the settings menu.
On the first page, the fourth item is chime. You can press on or off to choose whether you will hear the chime feature or not. (The green icon indicates the option is selected.)
On the second page, the first item is motion chime. You can press On or Off to choose whether you will hear the chime feature or not. (The green icon indicates the option is selected.)
On the third page, the first item is beep volume. Use the left and right arrows to decrease or increase the volume. Four white bars is the loudest, and zero white bars is muted.
How to Adjust Simon XT Chime and Voice Alerts
With the SimonXT, you have a choice of three different Chime sounds.
- Voice chime – The control panel announces the sensor name
- Soft Bell – Sounds like a low door bell no voice is announced.
- Loud Bell – Sounds like a high door bell no voice announced.
If you want to change this option in programming, simply perform the following:
- Scroll down until the display shows System Programming
- Press OK
- Enter your code
- Press OK
- The display will read access codes
- Scroll Down to siren options
- Press OK
- The display will read piezo beeps
- Scroll down to voice chime
- Press OK
- The current value of this option now flashes (1, 2, 3, or off). Scroll down to the desired value and press OK
If you want to turn off a chime completely, press the status button five times to exit programming. Then, from the home screen, do the following:
- Scroll down until the display shows chime.
- Press OK. The current setting will flash.
- Scroll down to toggle Chime on or off.
- Press OK. The setting will stop flashing.
- A solid bell icon will appear in the display when Chime is enabled.
For further information or questions, one of our security experts would be eager to help you out by answering any questions you may have and walking you through the system process. Call our general care experts at 1-800-951-5111 or contact us on our support page.