At first glance, the statistics below might make a person think they are safe from burglars.
- The 2015 property crime rate was 14.4% less than the 2011 estimate and 25.7% less than the 2006 estimate.
- The rate of property crime as a whole decreased from 13.9 victimizations per 1,000 households in 2014 to 11.2 per 1,000 in 2015 – a 19% change.
- Burglary, specifically, dropped from 701 per 100,000 people to 542 per 100,000 people – a 22% change.
- In comparing 2015 vs. 2016, preliminary dataï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ shows a 3.4% decrease in burglary crimes, with larger cities reporting a greater decrease at 5.9% than their nonmetropolitan counterparts at 4%.
- Keep in mind that statistics do vary significantly ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿by region, for example, the Northeast showed the greatest decrease at 5.9%.
- If you want to know how where you live compares, you can find the most recent crime statistics for your area here.
If you think you’re safe from having your home broken into, it’s time to think again. Statistics are proving that no one is safe. On the other hand, it is becoming more well known that a home with a security system in place is much less likely to get broken into than a home without one.
When shopping for a home security system, one of the first things you will notice is how many there are. And when you take into account how many there are to choose from, it can seem daunting to have to pick one. Fortunately, here at Protect America, our top concern is your safety and we did a little research to provide you with helpful information regarding the Adobe Security System. Read below to see what we discovered.
The Ins-and-Outs of an Adobe Security System
If you’re looking for a professional-grade security solution without the bother of conventional security systems, look no further. Adobe Essentials updates your home with major improvements by connecting to your thermostat, lights, locks, garage door openers, and more.
The system is designed to operate with ease and to keep you up to date with what is going on at home. You even have the ability to customize the system to meet your exact needs. The Adobe Gateway is packed full of capabilities that set a whole new standard for other security and home solutions. Set up is easy. All you have to do is plug in your Gateway, download the app, and follow the setup guide.
Understanding the Adobe Gateway
The Adobe Gateway is the essential hub that keeps you connected to the Adobe Cloud and monitoring center. It is compatible with various devices and services, such as Amazon Echo, IFTTT, etc. The Gateway has built-in battery backup protection that ensures you stay connected online for 10-plus hours in the event that you have a power outage.
To help you quickly identify activity in your home, the motion sensors do more than detect motion. Adobe’s motion detectors are paired with powerful cameras that can be placed anywhere in your home. In locations where extra lighting is needed, a built-in flash will assist. The cameras are designed to transmit photos to your Adobe-enabled smartphone quickly, which can help prevent false alarms.
Enhanced Features of the Adobe Security System
- Door and window sensors work long range in homes of various sizes. They have a long battery life so you can set them and forget them. Anytime a window or door is opened, you will know it.
- An included stylish key fob assists in making the system easier and extremely convenient to control. The fob makes use of the long-range adobeRF frequency to converse directly to and with your Gateway.
- You can use your key fob to set the system according to a home, away, or standby mode. And available soon will be a free software update that gives you greater control to access lights, doors, and much more.
- A 16-backlit Adobe wireless keypad makes it extremely easy to control the security modes of your gateway. It is both easy to install and use. The pad’s battery is long lasting and is powered by lithium batteries and uses long-range AdobeRF.
- By using an Internet connection, Ethernet or WiFi, the Adobe IP camera sends high-quality video stream in real time. An HD camera and cloud-based storage allow Adobe the ability to offer high-quality video streaming and recordings. For example, if an alarm is set off, you can access the streaming camera to see what happened before, during, and after the alert. From anywhere in the world you have the ability to check your home and see what is happening.
Contact Protect America today to learn more about home security systems and to obtain a free quote.