The cost of property loss due to burglaries in the United States is staggering, with more than $3.6 billion of reported property losses in 2015 alone. It is not shocking that millions of individuals and families alike are turning to high-tech home alarms and security systems to monitor their houses, businesses, and properties throughout the year. 83% of burglars admit to purposefully checking a property to determine whether or not a home alarm is installed and active. Of the 83% who are looking for cameras and alarm systems, 60% say they are likely to turn away and seek out an alternate target. When you are comparing home alarm systems for your own property, check prices, reviews, and features of devices from companies such as ADT before settling on a decision for a plan that is just right for you.
Types of Home Protection ADT Offers
ADT offers an array of services to fit any household’s needs, regardless of its size. Some of the most common types of monitoring and protection ADT has to offer includes:
- 24/7 Monitoring
- Wireless control panels to access your ADT service from anywhere throughout your home
- Home automation features (monitor your home using a smartphone or computer)
- Wireless door and window sensors that can be individually set
- Key fobs for quick secure access and complete control over your home alarm system in less time
- Video cameras to utilize in conjunction with your ADT home system setup (records and stores information in addition to recording if motion detection devices are triggered)
- Receive mobile alerts and maintain access to your security setup right at your fingertips, regardless of where you are located
Installation Fees and Service Charges
While prices for ADT packages range from $27.99 to $58.99, you are also required to pay an installation fee before being permitted to activate your home alarm system. Additional taxes and fees may also apply to your monthly charge based on the number of monitoring devices you are using to secure your home and surrounding property.
Because installation fees with ADT can range from $300 to more than $1000, seeking out companies that offer home security services without installation fees is becoming more common.
Contractual Agreements and Long-Term Commitments
If you are considering ADT for your home security system needs, keep in mind whether you are obligated to sign a contract and the length of the contract before making a decision. When you are locked into a contract you are unable to stop your service (and paying for it) until the date of the contract is up. With any companies that provide installation services, monthly fees are impacted and tend to rise.
When you are looking for the best possible security system for your home, always be sure to thoroughly research top providers and companies you trust most. If you are interested in getting started as quickly as today, contact us at ProtectAmerica.com to get your free quote along with assistance during the purchase and installation process.