ADT is one of the most well-known security providers in the US, offering service to most areas throughout the country. When you are searching for a home security service that is reliable with a variety of equipment choices, ADT delivers. Before signing a long-term contract with ADT, it is important to know just what type of security system you need for your home and family.
Did you know that homes are 300% more likely to become targeted by burglars if they do not have a visible and active home security system installed?
Consider Your Home Security Needs
Before pursuing a long-term commitment with any home security company include ADT, it is essential to consider the type of monitoring you desire and whether or not you prefer any control over the customization options available. ADT home security requires all customers to sign a traditional 3-year contractual agreement, although many customers have claimed they have been required to commit to 60 months, or 5 years to get started. When you are thinking of a home security company, distinguish between both monitored and unmonitored services before making a decision, especially if you plan to travel frequently or enjoy going out of town often.
Pros of ADT Home Security
ADT is not just known for their popular phone and internet service. With ADT, implement wireless home security that is monitored 24/7 with an array of plans to choose from when signing up. Some of the most popular advantages of ADT’s home security solutions include:
- Free installation for new users upon signing a long-term contractual agreement and commitment.
- Six-month trials are available for some new customers, depending on the availability of service and your location at the time of obtaining ADT home security services.
- High-tech home security products including home automation, touch screens, and wireless home security cameras. Connect your smartphone and home computer network to ADT’s home security solutions to keep an eye on your home and surrounding property 24/7.
- Control lighting, temperature, and appliances using ADT’s home security system.
- Multiple home security packages to fit a wide range of budgets.
- Pet-friendly motion detectors and sensors to minimize the risk of setting off your alarm unintentionally (which often results in an added service fee).
- The option of choosing a cellular or landline setup is also possible with ADT, perfect for customers who prefer landline connections or for those who do not currently own cellular phones or devices.
Cons of ADT
- Many customers and users of ADT have complained of poor customer service or a lack of customer service and response times altogether. A lack of customer service is not always optimal when seeking a home security company you can trust and rely on in times of need.
- Extensive contracts. While not all contracts from ADT are a standard 3-year commitment, some require new customers to sign on to the company for at least 60 months, or 5 years in total.
- Additional fees and expenses that are not explained or expected have also been reported in customer reviews and testimonials regarding ADT’s home security solutions along with ADT Pulse systems.
Protect America is America’s 14th largest leading home security company to date. Not only does Protect America offer affordable rates starting at $30 each month, they provide 24/7 monitoring and the ability to implement a fully-customized solution for your home. Save on installation fees with up to $1,400 worth of equipment and opt for a DIY or professional installation to suit your needs. Whatever your home security needs are, Protect America has a solution that is right for you.
Is home security a top priority that is on your mind? Want to get started with a company you can trust and rely on for years to come? Contact Protect America today for more information regarding plans and equipment available to make your home as secure and safe as possible.