The Amazon Echo devices have made Amazon an even more rich and powerful company and a major player in both the Internet of Things (IoT) and voice activated technology. Alexa and Echo products and and products that are compatible with them are cropping up all over the place in the market and security is no exception. Software can easily be programmed and implemented for use with Amazon Echo.
Getting a security system with Amazon Echo integration is becoming much easier to do and many products are available online or from Amazon, who also sells security and surveillance equipment on its own ecommerce website and shopping network. If want Alexa’s help with home security, then continue reading this helpful article on the subject or call the experts at Protect America for help getting or setting up your home security system made to integrate with Amazon Echo.
The science of today is the technology of tomorrow. – Edward Teller
Amazon Packages for Home Security with Alexa
Amazon wants to promote their own home automation products, of course, which includes the Amazon Echo line of products bundled with security systems that integrate with Amazon’s voice powered technology. You can also select packages with installation included, according to at least one report. The installation packages are available only in select areas and costs reportedly start around just under $600, but with no monthly fees. Most of the packages come bundled with the Echo Dot, a smart speaker like Alexa. You can control the systems using voice commands. Amazon Home Services provides packages such as their main offering:
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Ring Video Doorbell
- Wink Hub 2
- A motion sensor
- A 105dB siren
- 2 contact sensors for doors and windows
Monitoring is not included so if you need a system that is monitored by a professional security and surveillance monitoring company, you should consider contacting Protect America to see what kind of monitoring company to go with for your situation.
Build Your Own Custom Alarm and Security Solution with Amazon Echo Technology
Scout has announced their own integration with Amazon Echo and also offers a bundled package service with their products online. Use Alexa commands to stay updated. You can ask your smart speaker, “Alexa, ask Scout”:
- to get the last event.
- about the last five activities.
- what just happened.
- what mode is armed.
- if the alarm is armed.
- about the bedroom window sensor.
You can also use Scout/Alexa to get status updates. Just say, “Alexa tell scout”:
- to arm Away Mode.
- to disarm.
- to switch to Home mode.
or use the following commands:
- “Alexa, open Scout and set Vacation mode.”
- “Alexa, open Scout and arm my security system.”
- “Alexa, ask Scout if the front door is working.”
You can also alert others by giving Alexa commands. Just say, “Alexa” and the following commands.
- “open Scout and turn on the siren.”
- “tell Scout to panic!”
- “tell Scout to send help!”
- “open Scout and start panic mode!”
- “tell Scout that someone broke in!”
- “tell Scout to help!”
You can use the Scout website to build your own ideal system for home security. If you need help with installation or DIY home security projects involving Amazon Echo gear, simply call the experts available at Protect America.
3 Steps to Using Amazon Echo with Your Home Security System
There are typically three steps to setting up your security system with Amazon Echo and Alexa smart speakers. Follow the guide:
- Just select your Alexa enabled device. There are many to choose from if you have not already bought one yet.
- Then you need to select your home security device like those listed above or any number of them that are or will become available on the home automation and security market.
- The last thing to do is to teach Alexa the skills necessary to automate your security. Follow instructions for each device like we did for the Scout system above.
Interested in monitored home security? Get a free quote from Protect America.