Canary is a security company offering home and personal coverage. Whether you’re at home or away; on vacation or in the bathroom, technology makes it easier than ever to live your life to the fullest without fear of break-in or intrusion. But, what are a few options Canary Security Systems has to offer the customer?
There are three monitoring options with Canary Security Systems – the All-in-One, View, and Flex.
- All-in-one: “Provides total home security and intelligence,” says the description. The unit has an integrated siren, HD camera, video storage, two-way talk, and desktop streaming. It works with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- View: The View isn’t as advanced as the Canary All-in-One. You still get the desktop streaming, video storage, and two-way talk along with HD video. It also integrates with the same smart home electronics.
- Flex: This camera is a little different than the View and All-in-One because it’s built for both indoor and outdoor use, which means it’s weatherproof (or resistant). It is portable (battery option) and works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Canary Security Systems Pricing
The pricing for Canary products is straightforward. You have three options:
- Buy the camera
- Buy the camera and one year of monitoring (membership)
- Buy the camera and two years of monitoring.
The longer the membership contract, the smaller the price of equipment. Basically, you save $50 on the cost of Canary equipment for each year of monitoring you sign up for.
The Canary App
The Canary app is a critical part of the security system. The app gives you a live view of what each of the cameras is recording. It even changes view automatically when you move from outside to inside the home.
The four preset modes are:
- Away Mode – everyone is out of the home (monitors and sends notifications)
- Home Mode – someone is home (disarms automatically)
- Night Mode – people in the house are sleeping (monitors and sends notifications)
- Privacy – monitoring disabled (all units are turned off)
Canary Security Systems can work without a membership or monitoring, but there is a considerable gap in amenities when you choose Free Access.
- Free Access: 24-hour live video, saved video clips, video storage for one day, and access to first responders with one touch. Other services included are person and advanced detection; activity zone masking, and a one-year warranty.
- Membership: Canary calls the membership option the “Complete Experience.” You get everything that comes with the Free Access, but you also have access to full-length videos, 30 days of video storage, video downloads, two-way talk, streaming on a desktop, custom modes, and a two-year warranty.
It certainly looks like the security system Canary advertises is the one that comes with a membership, not just with your equipment purchase. While your system WILL work without 24/7 monitoring, it won’t help you reach emergency assistance in the case you’re unable to do so.
You can choose from two options when signing up for a Canary membership – monthly or yearly payments. As of August 2018, the rates are $9.99/month or $99/year. That fee covers monitoring of five devices. Any more than that and you’ll pay extra.
Save Money on Insurance With Canary
One of the selling points of Canary Security Systems is a possible reduction in the cost of home insurance. The three partners shared on the website are State Farm, Liberty Mutual, and Allstate. However, you can contact your local agent for a possible discount even if you don’t have coverage with the featured companies.
DID YOU KNOW? Crime victim compensation accounts for 38 percent of homeowners’ insurance payments.
Why Protect America and Not Canary Security Systems?
When comparing two security system services, sometimes it’s hard to differentiate one from the other, but that’s not the case with Protect America. You simply get more for your money.
Protect America offers:
- Free equipment with installation and 36-month contract.
- Option to upgrade to include smart automation.
- Optional smart equipment – smoke and fire monitoring, smart lock, and garage door control.
- Multiple packages (with equipment) to choose from.
- A low-cost monthly fee of $19.99 no matter how many devices you have installed.
Plus, if you find a better price with another company, Protect America will match that price, so you don’t pay more than you should have to.
Why choose a home security system? Because burglary rates are steadily falling and monitored systems are a big part of that trend.
If you’re interested in smart home security monitoring, get a FREE quote from Protect America today.