The safety and security of your family and belongings is a paramount concern. Home security systems can add a strong measure of safety by alerting local police and fire departments in the case of an emergency or break-in. Home security systems can also add value to your home and save you money on homeowner’s insurance.
There are a ton of home security systems available for sale on the market. These include DIY options, self-monitoring systems, and full 24/7 monitoring systems which require additional monthly fees.
There are some things you want to consider when you are embarking on purchasing a home security system. This will help you narrow down your search to a company and package that can perfectly suit your home security needs. You can also reference the National Council for Home Safety and Security for home security companies that are partnered with and recommended by them. Bear these factors in mind as you play the process of elimination:
- What is your budget overall? What is affordable to you and are you comfortable installing the system yourself to avoid installation fees? Would you prefer to save money using a full DIY system, including self-monitoring, or are you able to pay a monthly subscription cost for 24/7 professional monitoring? In this instance, you may want to consider your costs in terms of an annual budget, inclusive of the device(s) etc. Do note that professional monitoring will include fire alerts and carbon monoxide alarm monitoring, as well as the ability to contact local police and fire departments directly in the case of an alarm.
- How much coverage is needed for your home or business? Don’t overpay for unnecessary additions that are not required. If you have a smaller space, a basic perimeter alarm system will work. Build a strong home security system with the foundation of your basic needs and take it from there.
What Should I Look for in a Full Home Security Monitoring System?
- Interior and exterior door video and motion detection
- Live 24/7 video monitoring and two-way voice capability
- Monitoring apps for mobile devices, directly providing remote access to the home security monitoring system
- Perimeter protection, movement, light and glass-breaking sensors around all doors and windows in the home
- Live monitored carbon monoxide, heat, and smoke detection equipment
What are the Best, and Competitively Priced 2019 Home Security Monitoring Systems?
The following home security companies are competitively priced, running deals for 2018 and rated four stars and higher by consumers. Consider these companies for your home security needs:
Top Competitively Priced Home Security Monitoring Systems
- Cellular, Broadband & Landline Systems
- No Activation Fees
- Up to $1400 in Free Equipment
- Lifetime Equipment Warranty
- 100% Monitoring from Mobile Devices
- Crash & Smash Protection
- Remote Access, Thermostat, Light & Video Control
- Phone, Email and Customer Text Alerts
- Get a FREE Home Security System ($850 value) from Protect Your Home
- Same day installation available in most areas
- Digital Keypad for Police, Fire, and Emergencies
- Offers A Money-Back Guarantee. (Restrictions are Applicable. Ask Customer Service for Full Details.)
- Control Panel with Battery Backup
- Remote Home Access and Automation
- Fire/ Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Security Cameras
- Wireless Keypads
Vivint SmartHome Security
- Professional Installation Available
- Next Day Installation (Depending on Location-Available in Most Areas)
- Complete Home Security & Automation System
- Financing Available (Based on Approval)
Protect America is the 14th largest home security company in the United States and highly rated by their consumers. You can contact them for a free quote and to outline your home security needs.