What is Defender Home Security?
If you are in the market for a home security product, you will probably come across Defender. Defender is a line of home security products designed for the do-it-yourself enthusiast, who wants to take care of all of their own home security needs without a monitoring company backing them up. You get the equipment you think will be best for your home security ideals, set it up, and monitor it yourself. Most of Defender’s products can be found online and in electronics stores around the country. It is one of the better known brands in the DIY home security industry, and the company does put out good quality products.
However, is Defender the right choice for you? Here are some pros and cons of using Defender for your home security.
The Pros and Cons of Using Defender Home Security Products
Here are some pros of going with Defender for your home security needs:
- The products are readily available in most online and electronics stores
- You can choose the products you want for your personal needs
- The products are affordable
- You do not have to sign a contract with a security company to use Defender products
- The products are easy to use, so you can even teach your elementary school age and older kids to use them
Here are the cons of using Defender:
- You have to do all of the monitoring yourself. This means sitting in front of your computer screen for long periods of time.
- There is no one to call the police for you if you are not home during a break-in
- No one is monitoring your home security while you sleep or are on vacation
- If your internet goes out, so does your home security monitoring
- You don’t get any extra services, such as you would with choosing a package from a professional home security company. You only get what you buy.
- You will need a computer with enough memory to show you the feeds from the cameras.
As a review from a verified purchaser on BestBuy.com said:
” It’s easy to setup and use. The quality isn’t as clear as I thought it would be at 1080p. You can’t make out license plates more than 30 ft away and zoom quality is worse. Night vision is ok when lit but grainy. Where street lights are blocked by trees, visibility is slim to none and motion isn’t detected. Clips are sometimes recorded into two or more files.”
Protect America is Here to Provide All of Your Monitored Home Security Needs
It’s obvious that going with a professional company is the superior choice. You don’t have to be concerned about a thing when Protect America is providing you with home security. We are a monitored home security company, which means we do the monitoring for you, and we do it 24/7. You won’t have to sit in front of your computer all day watching a screen to know if anyone is breaking into your home.
Second, we have no installation fees, ever. Other reasons to choose us include our locked-in rates, our simple and affordable plans, and our price match guarantee. These are things our competitors simply cannot offer you.
In addition, we are a nine time Consumer Digest Best Buy winner. This should inspire you with every confidence that we can get the job done, and done correctly. We give you peace of mind, and that is important. Let us show you how easy and affordable it is to get quality home security. Contact Protect America today for a custom quote.