First Alarm is a home monitoring company that has operated for 50 years throughout the state of North Carolina. With First Alarm, home security services are available for both residential and commercial clients, regardless of the security setup you have in mind. Before making a decision when comparing security companies it is important to review features, pricing, and potential drawbacks of each provider. This will help you have a better understanding of the security solution that is truly right for you. Continue reading for First Alarm reviews 2018.
Property losses due to burglaries and theft in the US totaled more than $15 billion dollars in 2015 alone, making home security a popular and trending market for families and households of all income brackets.
First Alarm Security and Monitoring Services
First Alarm provides security and monitoring services among other networks of protection. Some of the leading services First Alarm has to offer includes:
- FirstLink – A web-based security system to keep a better look at all areas of your home or business that are being monitored
- FirstConnect – A virtual access port to view your security system and learn more about the actions you can take
- FirstView – First Alarm’s real-time video service to capture live video while also storing and saving simultaneously
- Medical alert systems are also available as an additional service to protect all members of your household from potential medical emergencies.
- 24/7 Monitoring from First Alarm’s central service station
- Video surveillance is available for both indoor recording as well as outside of your home
- Access control panel to quickly make changes or disable your alarm on a whim
Lack of BBB Accreditation
Unfortunately, First Alarm is not accredited with the BBB, or Better Business Bureau. Without accreditation, it can be extremely challenging to find information and real potential issues with a security company. A lack of accreditation makes it much more difficult to get a clear understanding of a service, what it has to offer, and how to communicates with its clients and customers.
Rising Number of BBB and Consumer Complaints
There has been an increasing number of BBB and consumer complaints regarding First Alarm as of 2018. In the past decade, at least 5 official complaints have been filed by the BBB against First Alarm. Before you choose a security company to protect and monitoring your home or place of business, be sure to read complaints and issues other individuals have with the service prior to finalizing your decision.
While First Alarm offers an array of home and commercial property security monitoring services, it is important to review complaints and reviews from both customers as well as organizations as the BBB before making your final decision. Are you searching for a home alarm company that is trusted, relied on, and has a positive reputation? Visit ProtectAmerica.com today to get your free quote before choosing a security plan that is best for you and your loved ones. At Protect America, we work to guarantee satisfaction of our customers by offering affordable monthly rates and eliminating installation fees altogether.