Fort Knox Security is the leading home security installation and monitoring company in Texas with over 20 years of experience. They offer residential and business services that range in from the simple to the most innovative.
Based out of Irving, Texas, this small home security company serves “consumers and businesses in Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio” according to their Bloomberg report.
A careful look at their features, rates, equipment, and consumer reviews show a thriving small business. For comparable services on a nationwide level, however, you will need to go to a company such as Protect America which has comparable pricing and service offerings with Fort Knox.
Fort Knox Home Security
Marked by the exceptional services, equipment, customer service, and other benefits this outstanding home security company offers their clients, Fort Knox Security has garnered high ratings on multiple sites. These include their A plus BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating, 4.8 star Google rating (based on 24 reviews), and 9.6/5-star TrustPilot rating (based on 105 reviews).
Features of Fort Knox
This Texas company offers several services that include:
- Security Systems to ensure that every possible entry into your home is safe from intruders.
- Police, Medical, & Emergency Monitoring by an award-winning central monitoring center with an average response time of 13 seconds.
- Customer Support that is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Home automation from the simplest to the newest innovations.
- Live video monitoring for clients via their smart devices.
- Energy saving solutions that help customers to save up to 20 percent on their electric bills.
Additional features include a plethora of freebies such as:
- Free replacement of batteries if ever needed
- Free yard sign to deter criminals
- Free Fort Knox Security window decals (in case they miss the sign)
- Free system activation
- Free system training for clients
- Free reprogram of an existing system
- Free check-in on system
All of the equipment offered by Fort Knox is also free of charge. This includes:
- Control Panel – Control both alarm and home automation features all in one simple color touchscreen keypad that is available in both a wireless and wired model.
- Indoor Cameras – This superior surveillance device has pan and tilt features. It also allows the homeowner to view their property remotely via a smartphone or the web. Fort Knox also offers wireless indoor cameras with night vision so that even in the dark their customers are covered.
- Skybell – A doorbell with smart video technology that allows customers to see whoever is at their door. It also has two-way communications so that they can speak to the visitor as well.
- Panic button – Fort Knox Security’s emergency alert device allows customers to summon local first responders in their area at the push of a button.
- Image Sensor – This infrared sensor is equipped with a light source to aid in night pictures. It is also pet-friendly to avoid false alarms.
- Wireless Outdoor Night Vision Camera – These are high-resolution, weatherproof, and have the infrared technology to allow for clear pictures in the dark.
- Sensors & Detectors – These include sensors for glass breakage, motion, smoke, and more.
- Keychain Controller – Excellent for homeowners to disarm and arm their system when entering or exiting their property. It even offers the ability to program a panic alert to activate the alarm remotely.
- Garage Door Opener – Customers can program this device to automatically close the doors to their garage when they arm the security system and to be notified via text/email if the doors are opened.
As previously stated, Fort Knox Security has garnered high reviews on multiple sites. There truly is no better gauge of a company’s success than the praise or condemnation of their customers.
Best Company, a trusted source for security reviews, sums up Fort Knox Security perfectly.
“If you are looking for a potentially inexpensive monitoring service and want to keep your existing security equipment, then Fort Knox should meet your needs. Fort Knox is also an appealing option if you are based in Texas; however, if you are looking for included remote system access or may move outside of Texas in the future, we recommend you looking elsewhere.”
There are of course negative aspects of getting security from a smaller security company. There are reports of the company not keeping proper track of client’s paperwork. If you need something serviced on your equipment, you will likely be waiting a long time before they are available to repair the equipment.
They also make it very difficult to cancel your service with them. Being a smaller company, it’s easy for them to fly under the radar. They don’t guarantee locked in rates, so if they do start to go out of business they might try to drag you down with them by raising the rates to ridiculous prices. If you’re interested in home security that guarantees locked in rates, check out Protect America. Whatever rate you start with will never go up.
Wrapping It Up
For the limited area that Fort Knox Security covers, they appear to provide excellent products and service at a great value.
On a nationwide scale, Protect America also offers superior service, equipment, and value for their customers. Call them today to find out more.