GE is one of the most popular and well-known companies worldwide. At one point and time, GE was a leader in the home security industry, with systems available at Home Depot as well as on eBay and Amazon.
Today, however, GE is no longer in the business of providing home security services that include full support and authorized equipment. Seeking out an alternative to GE home security systems is possible by having a clear understanding of what the company offered when it originally launched.
Pros of GE Home Security
While it is not possible to find a GE home security package on the market anymore, one of the biggest advantages of GE home security was the ability to find equipment and cameras at popular stores.
Visiting a local Home Depot or shopping online with websites such as Amazon and eBay provided consumers with choices and a wide range of equipment to implement into their own home security system.
Cons of GE Home Security Solutions
Unfortunately, GE no longer manufactures home security cameras, equipment, and accessories, making it nearly impossible to find a complete system with the functionality required to actually work properly.
GE home security systems may still be installed in homes or properties you are interested in purchasing, although it is no longer possible to have the equipment activated as GE is not in the business of home security.
Much of the equipment and home security cameras offered from GE are likely outdated, even if you come across a camera or motion detection device online. GE sold their home security company in 2010 and is no longer in the business of providing security to homeowners across the country.
Alternative Home Security Options
Even though GE is no longer a top contender in the home security industry, there are many alternative providers to choose from that are affordable, trustworthy, and reliable.
Homes that do not have a security system installed and visible are 300% more likely to become targets of vandals, burglars, and potentially-dangerous criminals.
Consider the features and amenities you wish to implement with your home security system. Protect America is the 14th largest home security provider throughout the US, servicing thousands of households annually. Some of the top features Protect America provides include:
- 24/7 monitoring services
- Receive instant alerts whenever an alarm or sensor is triggered in your home.
- Instant communication with local authorities such as police or your local fire department when an alarm is set off.
- Touchscreen monitors to quickly access and update your home security system at one central location.
- Window sensors, door sensors, and motion detectors are available with standard and custom service plans.
- Monitor carbon monoxide, smoke, and heat with various solutions available from Protect America.
- Home automation systems are available to integrate with updated compatible appliances.
- No installation fee with the option of DIY installation or guided installation over the phone which often requires less than one hour to complete. Many top home security providers charge anywhere from $50 to more than $299 for standard home security installation services.
- Up to $1,400 of free equipment for all new customers who agree to a 3-year contract.
- Rates as low as $30 each month, compared to competitors with rates ranging anywhere from $100 to more than $200 monthly.
- Customizable plans to suit your lifestyle and your household’s needs. If you do not see a standard plan from Protect America that is suitable for you, ask about building a plan of your own to learn more.
For a home security company that is truly by your side and one that offers 24/7 monitoring services, consider Protect America. Protect America is a leading provider of home security and offers customers up to $1,400 worth of free equipment to utilize with a standard 3-year agreement. With Protect America, enjoy the luxury of monitored services while having the option of DIY or professionally guided installation assistance.
Do you want to drastically improve the safety and security of your home for your family? Get in touch with Protect America to learn more about our selection of equipment and to create a plan that is truly right for you with a free quote today.