Shopping around for a new home security system can quickly become overwhelming if you are unfamiliar with the latest security equipment and technology on the market. When you want to add a layer of protection and security to your home but you are unsure of where to begin, there are a few tips to keep in mind before choosing a home security provider that is perfect for you and your household.
Research Popular Types of Security Equipment
95% of all break-ins require some type of forceful entry, which is why it is essential to equip your home with the proper monitoring and security equipment.
When homes have a security system installed, they are 300% less likely to become a potential target for criminals. Take the time to research some of the most popular types of security equipment available today along with brands with the best reviews and reputations before shopping for your home. Some of the most in-demand security equipment and monitoring features possible for home security systems include:
- CCTV Security Cameras: Capture video and stream live video feeds with CCTV security cameras (available both indoors and out).
- Door/Window Sensors: Ensure your home’s doors and windows remain closed at all times when your alarm is set with the use of door and window sensors.
- Motion Detectors: Trigger your home’s alarm or receive immediate alerts when using motion detectors inside or outside your property.
- Key FOBs: Key FOBs allow you to use alternate access points in order to get into your home even once it has been armed using your central control access panel. Key FOBs also allow you to arm and disarm your home security system from just about any location on your property.
- Home Automation Features: Home automation features are some of the most in-demand options available from home security companies. Home automation features allow you to control multiple aspects of your home’s security system and other smart technology items in your home. Using home automation in conjunction with your security system is optimal if you are interested in controlling your home’s alarm system, thermostat, lighting, locks, and even your appliances with the use of your smartphone or computer. Remotely gaining access to your home security system provides total and complete control of your house regardless of your location.
Compare Wired Vs. Wireless Options
When you are comparing home security companies and available packages near you, consider both wired and wireless options. Wired home security solutions often require you to have an active landline phone service on the property that requires monitoring. Choosing a wireless service is often much more affordable today as it requires less wiring and allows customers to use their mobile phones rather than requiring an additional landline service in your home.
Consider Monthly Costs, Service Fees, and Potential Hidden Charges
Always research home security companies you are interested in for your home to determine whether or not you may experience additional service fees or hidden charges. Many home security companies offer discounts and promotions to help attract new customers into obtaining their services. However, security companies often reserve the right to raise prices and monthly costs for customers after a set period of time. In some cases, once an individual’s promotional time is up, home security companies increase price rates to reflect the original price of the service before a discount was applied. Ideally you would want a company like Protect America. They promise to never raise your rate no matter what. So if you get a promotion with them, you’re set for life!
Are you in the market for a home security company that does not require cancellation fees or lengthy contractual agreements? Contact Protect America for more information on how we can help design a completely customized home security system that is optimal for you and your family today!