Your home is your castle, but it shouldn’t have to feel like a fortress. When you have the right security monitoring system, it won’t. However, that doesn’t mean you don’t occasionally need to adjust your plan, and in that case, it’s important to know how to cancel. Want more information on canceling your Guardian Protection Services contract? Here it is.
Review Your Contract’s Cancellation Policy
The first step in canceling your contract is to review it.
Now, ideally, you can protect yourself against difficulty canceling in the first place. If you are just now considering Guardian Protection Services and are merely doing your due diligence, good for you. When you sign the contract, you need to make sure a number of safeguards are in place:
- Cancellation terms are clearly listed and you know where to find them in the contract; don’t take a representative’s word for it that they are there
- The contract specifies what the cancellation fee will be
- You understand the prorating terms, if any
- You know how many years the policy spans
- You are not planning to live at your house for fewer years than the contract covers
This last is especially important, as some customers have complained that they were unable to get their contract moved or canceled when they moved, yet were still charged for services they weren’t using. No Bueno!
If you have already signed the contract and are looking to cancel, be sure you examine the contract to learn the answers to the bullet points above before contacting the company. This will make communicating, and actually getting your money back, much easier.
Pull quote: If you want to get your money back, you have to pick up the burden of self-advocacy.
Canceling Guardian Protection Services Contract
Security companies such as Guardian Protection Services have the right intentions at heart, but large companies aren’t always able to deal effectively with every request they get. If you want to get your money back, you have to pick up the burden of self-advocacy and make sure you’ve got all your ducks in a row before contacting them. This includes:
- The contract itself
- The bills showing how long you’ve paid for the service and how much time is left on your contract
- Any case numbers or notes from previous calls
- A reason for canceling (moving, renovating, not happy with the service)
- The equipment you need to return
Once you have this all in place, you should get in touch with the company and let them know what you need.
Learn More and Get a Free Quote Today
At the end of the day, most customers are pleased with Guardian Protection Services and have no need to cancel nor complaints about the cancellation process. However, you want to make sure you’re covered, so if you do need to cancel, take all the steps above.
If you haven’t yet signed up for a monitored home security plan, are you interested? Get a free quote from Protect America. We would love to help you find a provider that works for you at a rate you can afford. Get in touch!