Your children and pets are your greatest treasure. You will do anything to protect them. One way is to purchase a home security system. There are so many systems to choose from. One of which is called the Iris Home Security. What is so great about this system? Iris was created by the home improvement chain, Lowes. The brand itself appears to be new. Protect America sat down and took a look at this security system to look at what makes it so great. They found these five features and benefits:
- The Equipment
- Easy to Install
- No Contracts
- Reasonable Prices
The equipment is one of the most important things to home security. They are the physical guards around the home. What does Iris Home Security have to offer? The website sells smart hubs, security packs, automation packs, lighting packs, pro monitoring kit, smart switch, sensors, smart plug, smart fob, smart keypad, care pendant, and cameras. The website offers equipment from other brands as well. There is no such thing as being safe when it comes to your family. As Jodi Rell, former governor of Connecticut puts it,
“At the end of the day, the goals are simple: Safety and security.”
Iris Home Security offers for plans: basic, premium, professional monitoring, and cellular backup. The basic plan is free and comes with:
- Basic smart home system with self-monitored security
- Control over rules, scenes and scheduling of all your connected devices
- Notifications when alarms or alerts get triggered
- Ability to manage your devices remotely and stream video on your smartphone
- A 24-hour view of your history log
- Alerts via phone call and push notifications for emergency events; you control contacting the police when needed
The premium costs $9.99 per month and comes with:
- A Notification list for up to 6 people to receive alerts and alarm notifications
- Enhanced history service with a 14-day view and visualization of your history log (Coming soon)
- 3GB Storage of Camera Video Clips
- A self-monitored Care service that notifies family members when loved ones daily routines are disturbed
- Alarm Tracker™ – real time visualization of an alarm event in your home
- Additional enhanced in-home, app, and web experiences, such as coordinated colors, lights, and sounds, for even greater benefits from having a smart home (Experiences subject to change and availability)
The professional monitoring costs $14.95 per month and comes with
- Full-service professional monitoring for burglary, smoke, fire and carbon monoxide, as well as panic alarms provided by UCC, an accredited CSAA Five-Diamond, UL certified professional central monitoring station
- Alarm Tracker™ – real time visualization that includes confirmation when emergency responders are notified
- 4G Cellular Backup service ($7.99/month value) to ensure your system is available in the event of a Wi-Fi outage (Additional equipment is required)
The celluar backup costs $7.99 per month.
Easy to Install
Iris does offer professional installation, but you can do it yourself as well. The website offers both professional and DIY installation. If you are not so tech savvy, you can work with peel and stick sensors to put around the house. It may take some time to get things set up, but if you look at the big picture, it is all worth it. Being safe is always worth the risk.
Some people are not too fond of contracts when it comes to the home security. Most companies will lock the customer in a long-term contract. That thought is enough to put people off. The Iris Home Security does not come with a contract to be able to use. You can just purchase the system, have it set up, and start using it.
It makes sense to want to save money on everything. Sometimes, that is just not possible. For the Iris Home Security system, the prices of the equipment and plans will not really hurt your wallet. First off, the basic plan is free. Everyone loves free things. The rest of the plans will not hurt your wallet too much. The only thing that you will have to worry about is the equipment itself.
If you’re interested in finding a better home security option, contact Protect America today for an obligation-free quote. A professionally monitored system, with an installation process that’s as easy as peal-and-stick, Protect America has been an industry leader for 25 years. Let the professionals ensure your security so you can ensure peace of mind.