If you’re interested in buying a wireless home security system, you’ve probably been doing a lot of research. And while many of today’s articles on the web will point you toward the numerous advantages of investing in a Nest Home Alarm, many of them fail to cover all of the conveniences this type of alarm can bring to your life. Here are three things you probably haven’t thought of regarding a Nest Home Alarm system. We will also take a look at additional ways you can use a Nest Home Alarm to further maximize your home’s protection.
Putting On Makeup
Have you considered how a Nest Cam can assist you in putting on makeup? That’s right, a Nest cam can pair with the SimpleHuman smart mirror and give you natural lighting that is perfect for makeup application.
You Forgot to Turn Out the Lights
What, you forgot to turn off the lights? Nest can turn them off for you. By pairing your Nest with Philips Hue light bulbs, your absentmindedness errors can be easily corrected.
Keep a Close Eye On Your Furry Friends
Do you have a pet you are concerned about? Petnet Smart Feeder can be paired with your Nest Cam and you can monitor a pet’s diet and eating habits.
Bonus Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Nest Alarm
“Based on a report by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, about 60% of convicted burglars stated the presence of a security system influenced their decision to target another home.” While the above-mentioned thoughts are conveniences you may not have considered using your Nest for, here are some additional ways that will help keep your home and family protected and safer.
- As an additional feature in case of a fire, Nest Protect can link up with LIFX smart light bulbs, which will flash red, alerting you and your family of a fire.
- Never miss a thing with a Nest Aware subscription. Nest alert will notify you if it hears a person talking or detects activity around important areas in your created activity zone. Nest Alert allows you to share video history with friends, family or police.
- Connect your Nest Cam to the August Smart Lock and you will be able to tell when someone unlocks your door and who exactly it is.
- You should consider adding Nest tags. These tags are can be given to people who don’t need full access to your system. Kids, dog walkers, or house guests can connect them on a keychain and tag himself or herself in and out.
- For an extra layer of security, consider partnering with Brinks Home Security. Brink’s security advisors will monitor your Nest alarm system and contact you if the alarm is triggered. If necessary, advisors will contact authorities on your behalf.
- Nest Hello is a doorbell that replaces your wired doorbell. It delivers HD video and crisp images, even at night. The Nest Hello will allow you to see everything at your doorstep. It can see packages on the ground and has the ability to provide a 3-hour snapshot history.
Even though a Nest Alarm comes with a variety of benefits and it can add a whole new level of convenience to your life, it’s important that you shop around and find a system that can truly meet all of your needs. Here at Protect America, we offer 24/7 support, a no-hassle installation process, and up to $1,400 in free equipment. Contact us today to learn more about the numerous benefits of protecting you and your family with a Protect America home security system.