Choosing a home security camera can be a time consuming task as you spend time sifting through review after review and even more time comparing features from the various times of home security cameras on the market.
If you’ve been diving deeper into the details of the Arlo Pro by Netgear, look no further because we are breaking down the pros and cons of this wireless and waterproof camera. This security camera system comes with new features and updated from the original Arlo model and has repeatedly ranked high on top review lists.
As with anything, there are going to be pros and cons – you just have to figure out which features are most important to you.
- Wireless – This type of setup lets you place the camera anywhere your heart desires without having to run wiring. The wireless option makes it much less of a hassle to setup, and not having wires running wild is also more visually appealing.
- Automatic night vision – LED night vision for this security camera offers up to a 25 feet range in the dark.
- Easy DIY installation and setup – Aside from not having to run wires to setup your system, connecting the camera to your wireless network is just as easy. The convenience gets better with the rechargeable batteries that are included with your purchase.
- Weatherproof IP65 rating – The Arlo Pro camera comes with a weatherproof casing that gives you the option to use it for outdoor use too.
- Free cloud storage for up to 7 days – The majority of home security camera only provide between two and 24 hours of cloud storage. But, that’s not the case with the Arlo Pro. Arlo gives you free cloud storage of video clips for up to seven days. If you’re someone who wants a backup storage option, the Arlo Pro also offers local storage via USB too – just in case!
- Mobile monitoring with the Arlo app – The Arlo app is available for both iOS and Android. With the app, you can get push notifications sent to your mobile app when your camera detects either sound or motion.
- Two way sound – By using the app, you can speak through your camera from wherever you are.
- No continuous recording – The Arlo Pro doesn’t record video and sound continuously. Instead, when motion or sound is detected recording is triggered. However, there is live streaming capabilities. You can choose this option for 30 minutes at a time.
- Reported lag in motion-sensitive recording and alerts – Although not wide spread, some customers have reported a one to two second delay before the camera is triggered to start recording. This could be a frustration as those initial seconds can miss very important details of an intruder’s vehicle description or facial recognition.
With its updated technology, wide field of view, night vision and wireless capabilities, Netgear’s Arlo Pro home security camera system is a great option for added surveillance to your home.
Are you ready for monitored home security?
Protect America is a 24/7 professionally monitored home security company offering our customers what other home security companies fail to including:
- No installation fees, ever
- Locked-in rates: The other guys can’t say that
- Price match guarantee: Find a better deal? We’ll match it.
Interested in monitored home security to keep your family safe? Get a free quote from Protect America today.