Protect America is proud to announce that it has been selected as the winner of the 2019 BestCompany.com Consumer’s Choice Award for Home Security. The Consumer’s Choice Award is based on two key factors: An all-encompassing market index score calculated by BestCompany.com, and genuine raw feedback provided by verified customers via online reviews. Protect America outperformed 177 other companies in the home security industry to earn the 2019 Consumer’s Choice Award.
“We wish to recognize Protect America with the Consumer’s Choice Award for 2019. They’ve earned it. Our hope is that this recognition will highlight a company that is doing business the right way by taking care of its customers and always looking for ways in which it can improve.”
Upon announcing Protect America as the winner of the 2019 Consumer’s Choice Award, BestCompany.com CEO Landon Taylor shared the following, “We wish to recognize Protect America with the Consumer’s Choice Award for 2019. They’ve earned it. Our hope is that this recognition will highlight a company that is doing business the right way by taking care of its customers and always looking for ways in which it can improve.”
Protect America’s Recipe for Consumer’s Choice Award
Protect America’s award-winning recipe incorporates a wide array of offerings geared towards providing a well-rounded home security package. A few key components include, but are not limited to the following: innovative home automation technology, GPS capabilities, home surveillance products, free home security equipment, and budget-friendly monthly monitoring rates. Pair the above battery of products and services with an extremely high 4.1 out of 5 customer review score (based on more than 1,900 verified customer reviews) and you have a well-oiled machine of a company that is primed to protect your home and family. It is also worth noting that the 4.1 / 5 average customer review score set Protect America on the right path with an industry high User Review Index score of 9 out of 10.
How to Earn the Consumer’s Choice Award
User Review Index Score
The customer review portion makes up the majority of the overall score – 75% to be exact. This score is determined by the quantity and especially the quality score of consumer reviews published on BestCompany.com. Below are the sub-criteria that make up this score, with their respective weights (weights are presented here as a % of the Overall Score):
- Star Rating of Reviews (52.5%) – The average 1-5 star score of a company’s published consumer reviews.
- Number of Reviews (17.5%) – The total number of reviews that have been published about a company.
- Responsiveness to Reviews (5%) – A company’s responsiveness rate to its consumer’s reviews that have a star rating score of 3 or lower.
It is important to note that the ‘Best Rank’ algorithm does not assign equal weight to every review. Reviews produced by verified paying customers to carry more weight than non-verified reviews. Reviews published in the last 120 days also have a greater impact than more dated reviews. Every customer review is moderated by a member of BestCompany’s Review Moderation Team. The purpose of this team is to weed out reviews that contain factually inaccurate material, are fraudulent in nature, and/or crafted with a clear purpose to mislead readers.
Market Index Score
The Market Index Score takes the hard and fast facts into consideration and fills out the remaining 25% of the overall score. The following categories pit each company up against its competition within the home security industry.
- Recurring Fees (5%) – The affordability of any fee a company charges its customers on a recurring basis
- One-Time Fees (5%) – The affordability of a company’s up-front or one-time fees it charges its customers.
- Contract/Warranty Length (5%) – The length or term of the contract/warranty to which a company requires/offers its customers to consent upon purchase of the company’s product and/or service.
- Brand Search Volume (2.5%) – The number of online search queries made by consumers that contain the company’s brand name.
- Time in Business (2.5%) – The number of years that a company has provided its products and/or services to consumers.
- Verification of Date (5%) – If the company has “claimed” its profile on BestCompany.com and verified that the information regarding the company is factually accurate.
*Exact calculations used to derive individual company score can be viewed here.
Ryan Pombrio, Protect America’s VP of Business Development captures the very essence as to why Protect America is worthy of BestCompany.com’s 2019 Consumer’s Choice Award,
“We’re honored to be chosen for this award. At Protect America, we’ve been dedicated to protecting homes and families for the last 26 years. Earning the highest customer score on bestcompany.com is another indication of our commitment to providing excellent and award-winning home security.”