Protecting your home and family is essential to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your loved ones while also keeping your property and personal belongings locked down at all times. Installing a home security system is one of the best ways to implement a layer of protection to your property that is far superior to heavy-duty locks and window solutions.
Ring Protect is a newer type of home security solution, allowing you to implement a doorbell-based security system that is monitored using your mobile smartphone. Before choosing Ring Protect as your go-to home security provider, it is important to weigh your options while learning more about what the service has to offer.
What is Ring Protect?
The Ring home security system is a DIY solution for those who are interested in simplistic setups with advanced technology. Ring itself is similar to “Nest” security solutions, allowing you to implement a doorbell-based home security camera with added features. It is possible to use entryway detectors, motion detectors, and even carbon monoxide and fire sensors along with the traditional security camera that is used with Ring.
Advantages of Ring Protect
Although Ring is new to the home security industry, it has a few advantages over traditional home security companies such as:
- Ring is affordable for just about any budget. The system itself costs $199 and only requires $10 each month for professional monitoring offered from Ring. Ring is significantly cheaper than other competing services such as Nest, which charges upwards of $399 just for a simple starter kit.
- Ring is easy to install and can be done without the aid of a professional if you are familiar with managing your mobile smartphone device.
Cons of Ring Home Security
Before choosing Ring as your home security go-to, it is important to review some of the drawbacks that customers have experienced with the system including:
- Currently, Ring is not compatible with other smart home devices you wish to integrate into your security system. It is also not possible to add equipment and accessories to your Ring home security camera, limiting its function and abilities.
- In order to work your alarm, you are limited with your options and often required to use your smartphone rather than having the ability to utilize a central access panel.
- There is currently no voice assistant support available with Ring, limiting its ease of accessibility if you are in a rush or want to quickly get an update regarding your system.
- Ring also has a limited range and does not offer additional detectors and sensors to place throughout your home, which keeps you from building a comprehensive and robust home security system.
When you are searching for a home security company you can trust and rely on, choose Protect America, America’s 14th largest home security provider in the nation. With Protect America, gain peace of mind with 24/7 monitoring, allowing you to feel at ease knowing your home is protected even when you are not home. Protect America offers flexible plans and a variety of equipment for you to get started with, while also eliminating the traditional costs of equipment. Avoid traditional installation fees with Protect America and get in touch to get your free home security quote.
Are you ready to move forward with your new home security system? Contact Protect America to learn more about available plans that are right for you and to get started today.