Let’s talk about all of the Home Security Systems that Sam’s has to offer because there are a lot and sometimes it can but slightly confusing. Basically, Sam’s just has a lot of unmonitored equipment, but at really good prices. So, you need to make sure that you spend a lot of time researching what is right for you. Since Sam’s only sells equipment and often sells it piece by piece, it can be really confusing for the average person to know if they’re doing the safest thing. Can the consumer safely know if they are covering all of their bases by purchasing on their own from Sam’s?
Can You Get a Sam’s Club Home Security System and Still Be Safe?
You definitely have a lot of great options with Sam’s Home Security Systems. The thing is that the degree of safety is up to you. You decide where you put the cameras. You may ask the salesperson for some ideas, but they are not professionally trained in knowing everything about all of their home security systems, while they do have quite a few worth mentioning including;
- TP Link
- Nest Hello
- Avert X
All of these are priced at very good prices and they’re good equipment with a huge amount of package deals. Figuring out which package deal may be difficult on your own. It’s important to note that none of them are monitored. Also, none of these systems are listed on the 10 Best Home Security Systems of 2018 by Consumer’s Advocate. Fully Monitored Home Security vs Self-Monitored Home Security
Fully Monitored Home System vs. Self-Monitored DYI System
- It’s not as expensive. (At least in theory.) That’s the biggest thing for most people. Plus you can pick your own configuration, but you bear the risk on your own of getting the proper equipment.
- Since you can probably install it yourself, you can also easily move your cameras to a different room or different home.
- You can get cell phone alerts, like, if a camera is activated and takes a shot. You can decide whether or not the police or a security force need to be alerted. That way you don’t have the police coming to your home if a stray cat trips the alarm.
- Your camera system will likely record intruders, so that you can find the perpetrator more easily.
- It is not actually monitored by a company.
- You don’t have to worry about monitoring it yourself. Put your mind at ease, give yourself a break. Professionals are on it 24/7. That includes when you’re on vacation or away from the house for any reason.
- Professionals know how to cover the house so you don’t have any blind spots, even if they guide you to it over the phone.
- If you have mobility issues, you have a service to help guide you to the safest place for any threats that they see.
By property crime offense, the arrest rate for burglary was 64.3 per 100,000 inhabitants; larceny-theft, 326.5; and motor vehicle theft, 26.7. The arrest rate for arson was 3.0 per 100,000 inhabitants. — FBI.gov
Is A Monitored Security System Right for You?
Not everyone chooses a monitored security system for their home. Somme families chose a self-monitored or unmonitored system because of the perceived lower cost. But those who subscribe to a monitored home security service feel like the slight extra expense is worth it. After all, who can put a price on their family’s safety?
Protect America has been around since 1992 and is the 14th largest residential home security company in America. Protect America is a direct-to-customer business–that guides you through installation of you equipment. Visit Protect America or call 1-800-951-5190 to start protecting your family today.