There are many ideas to take-away and to incorporate into your decision-making process when you study the reviews of the top home security systems. Incorporate this information into your own research and critique, and you’re well on your way to finding the best security system to meet your needs. Here are three security system review facts that may just surprise you.
1. A Superior Home Security System Offers More than Bells and Whistles
Of course, a monitored home security system will help to protect your home, possessions, and family from burglary and robbery, but it also offers other protections and safety features. Consider these factors when choosing a security system:
- Monitor Your Environment: Keep your home safe with fire, carbon monoxide, and flood sensors. Whether you’re at home or away, with a monitored home security system that keeps tabs on the environment you can rest easy knowing that you are protecting your property and family. Should any issues come up or alarms be set off, first responders will be automatically alerted.
- Surveillance: Be aware of your surroundings by using exterior, interior, and doorbell cameras to access and see your home environment at all times.
- Intrusion: Use a system that monitors your windows, and doors, including garage and patio doors, to create a strong defense, as these are the primary entry points for home invasions. Utilizing sensor alarms is one of the best ways to keep burglars out. Roughly 66 percent of all burglaries are residential crimes.
- Safety: Look out for vulnerable members of the family by using a home security system that offers life alert and panic buttons so that you know that all members of the household are well, happy, and secure at all times. Rest easy and be able to leave the house with peace of mind knowing that if there is an issue, an immediate alarm will alert first responders to the situation.
When looking for a home security system, each individual’s needs are unique. That means that their home security system should be unique as well. When looking at security system reviews, one thing to consider is whether the company can work with you to create a security system that you can customize, and that offers what you need and helps you fulfill your goal of an easy to install and maintain. Work with the security system that combines functionality with practicality, that is affordable, and that places the emphasis precisely where you need it, whether on surveillance, safety, intrusion prevention, or environmental monitoring. As digitaltrends.com reported on their review of Protect America:
“Protect America offers customizable plans that allow you to add all kinds of smart gadgets to your system, from door sensors to Amazon Echo devices. It all ships at once.”
3. A Monitored vs. Unmonitored Security System Makes the Difference
There are many factors to consider when choosing a home security system, from whether you should select wireless or wired, self-installation or company provided, or whether to place decals and signs from a security company on your property. But one thing that remains consistent is the preference for a monitored security system that will automatically alert police and fire department if an alarm goes off. With an unmonitored security system, whether your first line of defense is an audible alarm or an alert, it is your responsibility to notify the proper first responders, leaving home and family vulnerable as you make the correct contact. If you have your phone turned off for any reason from a meeting or a movie, then you are putting yourself and your home and family in a position that is at risk of greater vulnerability.
If you’re interested in monitored home security, please ask for a free quote from Protect America. A nine-time “Consumers Digest” Best Buy winner, Protect America offers professionally monitored home security 24/7. There are no installation fees, and you can get up to $1,400 in free equipment. Plus, you get simple and affordable home security for as low as $30 a month with your contract, and your rate, which comes with a price-match guarantee, is locked in. Now that’s peace of mind.