Burglars are most attracted to homes that do not have a home security system, but only 17% of houses have a system in place. Homes without a security system are 300% more likely to be burglarized.
Your home does not have to be part of the statistics. Finding the right home security system for your lifestyle and budget can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. If you happen to be looking at Sentry Alarm Systems, the following is a quick guide as to what you can expect in regards to equipment and cost:
Sentry Home Security Basics
- Arm/disarm your system anytime/anywhere from a mobile device
- Ability to know who disarmed the system and when
- Ability to see what is happening at home via video surveillance
- Ability to view video history
- Complete control of the system with a mobile device
- DIY installation/easy to install
- Door and window sensors
- Ability to operate your thermostat remotely
- 100% wireless system
- Monitoring from a central station
The potential downside of Sentry Home Security
- 3-year contract required
- Limited one-year warranty on parts and labor which could leave you stuck for years with service on your system and potentially steep out-of-pocket repair costs.
- Monthly monitoring for the basic package is higher than competitors at around $35/month
- The upfront costs of the system will cost you at least $599
- Total out of pocket over the length of the contract is nearly $1900
You have other choices!
If the system and service of Sentry Home Security sound appealing, but the price tag is a bit high, check out what Protect America can offer! They offer all of the same bells and whistles and more, but the equipment is included! Other features and benefits of Protect America include:
- Ability to lock in your rate: No need to worry about climbing rates. Lock in at the beginning of your contract.
- Lifetime warranty: Protect America’s systems come with a lifetime warranty.
- Price-match guarantee: If you find a lower price anywhere, Protect America will match it.
- Top-notch customer service: For more than 25 years, Protect America has been offering only the best in customer service to each and every customer.
- Over 25 years of trusted experience
- Custom built and shipped straight to your door
- Easy DIY installation: Easily install in under an hour.
- 24/7 monitoring: Un-monitored systems will not send emergency response when an alarm is triggered
Protect America centers their product and their service around total home protection. According to a study that was conducted out of UNC Charlotte, 83% of burglars admitted that they specifically look to see if there’s an alarm and 60% state that they would change their mind if there was one installed. In addition to the obvious benefit of protecting your home and its valuables following are other benefits to having a home security system:
- Potential to save 15-20% on your insurance policy
- Ability to see when your kids come and go
- Increased peace of mind while at work, out of town or simply running errands. In fact, break-ins are 6% more likely to happen during the day between 6A and 6P while you are at work or running errands
If you are in the market for a home security system, trust the professionals at Protect America to help you make the best decision to fit your lifesstyle and budget without high-pressure sales. Call for a free quote today!