Home security customers have a huge number of options available to them in 2018. The competition among high-quality home security providers is fierce, to say the least, so it may help to see some features and reviews of some of today’s top companies. SimpliSafe and Vivint are just two of the many home security companies working hard to earn and maintain residents’ trust when it comes to protecting their loved ones and valuables.
SimpliSafe Home Security Services, Features, Equipment and Prices
Founded in 2006 and serving more than two million customers, SimpliSafe is a “do-it-yourself” home security system, based in Boston, Massachusetts, according to Best Home Security Companys. With SimpliSafe, residents can purchase a home security kit that includes equipment and instructions, set to keep them safe and fully monitored without their having to sign a long-time contract. That’s a big reason why a lot of people get Simplisafe. Actually, there is no contract at all with SimpliSafe, making it perfect for families who move frequently or who simply do not like the idea of being locked into a contract.
The services, equipment, features and fees for SimpliSafe include:
- 24/7 Video Monitoring. At the end of the day—or the beginning, for that matter—24/7 video monitoring is the long-standing foundation of high-quality home security service. Residents want to know that their home is protected at all times, and this 24/7 video monitoring offers peace of mind.
- 3-Year Equipment Warranty and 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. SimpliSafe wants customers to feel comfortable with their equipment and service, so they’ve provided this generous option for customers so they can get their feet wet without risk.
- Monitoring Fees Starting at $14.99 Customers can explore pricing options starting as low as $14.99 per month.
Vivint Smart Home Services
Vivint serves a million customers across all 50 states of the U.S. Known for its multiple equipment options and automation features, the company is loaded with services.
- Controls. This package features a SkyControl Panel, Amazon Echo, a nest thermostat and an element thermostat.
- Security. With this package, the company includes burglary protection, smart locks and garage door control.
- Cameras. The cameras include an outdoor camera, a ping camera, a doorbell camera and playback DVR.
- Services. Services include 24/7 video monitoring and professional installation.
The packages for Vivint cost $39.99 per month for the Smart Home Plan and $49.99 per month for the Smart Home Video Plan and wields a hefty 60-month contract.
a great balance of price, ease and security.
Although voted Top Product of 2015 by PC Magazine, shares Best Home Security Companys, the company does charge higher-than-average rates. There are also reports of poor customer service, which paired with high fees and a lengthy contract, making it critical for home security consumers to consider it carefully.
Protect America is the Perfect Alternative
If you are still on the fence about Vivint and SimpliSafe, Protect America has all the best features and services of both. Contact us for more information and to request a free quote!