Choosing a home security company you can trust and rely on is never a simple feat, even if you have had a security system installed in your home in the past. With more than 2.5 million burglaries annually in the US and billions of dollars of losses reported, it is no wonder that millions of homeowners are taking matters into their own hands to protect their homes and loved ones. Verizon Fios home security is one solution available for those who are interested in home security but prefer a solution that is readily available and reliable. When you begin comparing your options, there are a few factors to keep in mind if you are seeking a long-term investment that can be counted on.
Did you know that a burglary attempt occurs at least every 15 seconds in the United States?
Verizon Fios Features and Benefits
The original home security kit provided from Verizon’s home monitoring service required $130 to get started but offered a minimum monthly payment of $10 for continuous service, making it one of the most affordable security solutions on the market. Today, if you are interested in Verizon’s home security, Verizon Canary is one solution that is still available. Some of the features and benefits that Verizon’s Canary has to offer includes:
- All-in-one solution that includes a central monitoring station for an affordable price
- No contractual agreement is required to get started
- No monthly fee is required to begin monitoring and protecting your home with Verizon’s Canary
- Verizon Canary learns more about your home and preferences over time with smart technology
Drawbacks and Cons of Verizon Fios
As of 2014, Verizon’s home security monitoring service is no longer available to new customers. Existing customers are still able to utilize the monitoring service, though if you are interested in a home security system from Verizon Fios, your only option is the Canary all-in-one solution.
- Verizon Canary is not a 24/7 monitoring service, meaning you are responsible for watching over your system, ensuring it is working properly at all times, and reporting any and all recorded crimes to the appropriate local authorities
- Verizon Canary does not provide flexibility with various security equipment such as cameras, sensors, and motion detectors for those interested in a robust system
Monitored Home Security Benefits
A monitored home security solution provides you with backup and protection at all times, whether you travel for work or if you simply do not have the time to monitor your home’s security system yourself. With a monitored home security system, gain peace of mind knowing that your family and home are monitored at all times.
Understanding the importance of a home security system and the protection it provides is imperative when you begin shopping for a new security service that is right for you and your family. Protect America provides an array of equipment and plans to get started with a minimal monthly fee, compared to alternative popular providers available on the market today. With Protect America, skip installation and equipment fees to ensure the safety of your household whether you prefer to install your own equipment or if you require the assistance of professionals.
Are you ready to take the leap with a trusted company such as Protect America? Do you want a provider that has been in business since 1992 and has risen to the 14th largest home security companies in the nation? Contact Protect America to learn more about our service plans and to get a free quote so you are able to get your system up and running today!