When you invest in a home security system, you’ll start to learn about home security contracts. Almost every home security company that offers 24/7 professional monitoring asks that you enter a monitoring contract prior to starting services. Generally, home security contracts are set to a pre-determined length of time, depending on the company. These contracts are generally long-term. However, in some instances they can be month-to-month, depending on your service and equipment needs. Your home security is crucial to the safety of your home and family. Therefore it’s important to sign on to a security system contract that delivers what you need at a price you can afford. For whatever reason, some people feel the need to cancel their contract. Whether your contract is at the end of term or if it has just begun, this post will help you understand the cancellation process.
Alarm monitoring contracts can last from anywhere from 12 to 60 months. However, the industry standard is about 36 months. At Protect America, we have a standard 36-month contract for all of our new customers. For other companies, the length of the contract can dictate the amount you might pay on a monthly basis or overall. This is usually due to the fact that you are spreading out the contract’s initial costs to be paid over time. Initial costs might include equipment fees, installation and activation. A 36-month contract plays a major factor in why Protect America is able to accommodate all of our customers so well.
Besides monitoring services, one of the main reasons you sign a contract with an alarm monitoring company is to subsidize the costs of equipment. By having a contract, your home security company can make up for their initial cost of equipment and work over time as you pay your bills. If home security companies didn’t offer contracts, you would be expected to pay for the cost of all your equipment up-front!
What Are My Options?
We value customer loyalty immensely at Protect America, and we want to give you choices! Many of our valued customers have asked about the different courses of action you can take once you’ve reached the end of your term. Perhaps you wish to renew your services with us. On the other hand, you may wish to cancel. Depending on your preferences, here are some of your options with us:
- New customers have 15 days from the shipment date to return their equipment without being obligated to their initial 36 month contract. The package must contain all equipment that was originally sent, postmarked within 15 days of the original shipment date and returned postage paid back to Protect America, Inc.
- For customers who can’t complete their contract after signing up with us, Protect America offers a transfer option that allows customers to essentially move the equipment and service to a qualified friend, family member, or acquaintance. It is a great solution for everyone!
- Moving? No problem. You can still enjoy the peace of mind Protect America offers. Simply chat with us at http://www.protectamerica.com/support/customer-service or call us at 800-951-5111, Option 4 and we’ll be happy to send you a relocation kit and update your information!
- You always have the option to renew your service with us. We love protecting your home for a fraction of the cost of our competitors’ monthly fees and we have a variety of renewal options for you!
- Another option you have is to use your home security monitoring on a month-to-month basis once you complete your initial term with Protect America.
- And finally, you have the option to cancel at the end of your term. Some security contracts generally renew themselves automatically for a set amount of time rather than abruptly terminating. If the customer does nothing upon being notified, this is when the contract will renew. Many companies renew contracts for years at a time. However for the customer’s sake, Protect America only renews your agreement for one month at a time. We want to earn your business on a daily basis, rather than lock you into a renewed contract for multiple years without your consent.
How to Cancel
At Protect America, the standard procedure to cancel your home security contract is to contact us by calling: 800-951-5111, option 4. Our customer CARE representatives will do everything they can to assess your situation and resolve any outstanding concerns. If you are not at the end of your term and still wish to cancel, it is best to reach out and discuss your situation so we can help provide a solution for you. For more information on our contracts, you can view our monitoring agreement here . Protect America has a long 25 year history, a large customer base, and a wealth of experience. Whatever your needs, we can help you.