I remember an article I read about a house in my neighborhood that got broken into recently. I’m nearing the end of the article, shocked that this happened not but two blocks away– all the while still thinking how this could never happen to me– and then I see it: My friend’s name in big, bold letters. We’ll call him John for the sake of anonymity. My friend John was robbed in the middle of the day while he was home. I quickly reach for my phone to call him and make sure he’s safe. Luckily, he is, so I proceed to find out how it happened. As it turns out, he was in his backyard doing yard work when a burglar came in through his front door and somehow managed to steal over $1,000 dollars from his house in under 2 minutes. Just like that John was robbed without a trace of the burglar in sight. With no home security system to alert John there was a break in and with no home insurance policy, he was out of his money before he knew what even happened to him. Unfortunately, stories like this aren’t as uncommon as you might think. Here at Protect America, we want to do everything in our power to prevent more burglaries like John’s from happening. That’s why we’ve decided to gather some recent statistics about burglaries for you.
The Hard Facts about Burglaries:
- According to the latest statistics from the FBI, there are approximately 2,200,000 burglaries per year. That’s roughly 1 in every 36 homes in the United States alone.
- On average, there is a burglary once every fifteen seconds or 6,100 burglaries per day.
- Residential burglaries account for 70% of them.
- The average loss of per break in: $1,600 USD.
- Items most frequently reported stolen: Cash, Electronics, Jewelry and Firearms
- 63% of home burglaries take place during the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- 33% of burglars enter through the front door.
While it’s always important to keep your doors and windows locked, the absolute best way to prevent burglaries is with a reliable home security system. At Protect America, we try to do everything in our power to prevent burglaries from happening by offering the lowest starting prices on the best home security systems to our customers. Because nothing is more important than keeping you and your loved ones safe.
For more information about Protect America or to get a free quote on one of the best home security systems on the market, call 888-951-5136 or fill out the form on the right. While you’re at it, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Like Us on Facebook too!