For those of you who want to get creative this weekend, this recipe is delicious and easy. For years, I had been looking for an easy pizza crust recipe. After many failed attempts, I read somewhere that you could actually substitute the yeast for a light beer. I was in college when I was perfecting this recipe, so the discovery was perfect. I went to the store, got my ingredients of choice and bought a pack of Lone Star for my crust! In this post you’ll learn how to make a delicious pizza crust for any kind of thin-crust pizza. Enjoy!
- 3cups unbleached flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1(12 ounce) can beer (I use light)
- olive oil
Then be sure to have whatever pizza toppings you want to use. It will all bake in the oven at the same time so you’ll want to have your sauce, cheese and toppings ready to go!
Some suggestions for toppings include: artichoke hearts, sausage, pine nuts, arugula, olives, pepperoni, mozzarella, tomatoes, garlic, ricotta, pineapple, spinach, parmesan, basil, red pepper and more!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the beer and mix well.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it.
- Toss the dough around to coat it with flour and prevent it from sticking.
- Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable.
- Shape the dough into a ball and divide it in two if you are making 2 thin crust pizzas.
- For a deep dish pie do not divide.
- Grease your pizza pan with oil and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle.
- Brush crust with olive oil lightly and then add your sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Hopefully, you have enjoyed learning to make your own pizza crust in this post by Protect America. Protect America is one of the nation’s top home security companies. We have protected almost half a million homes since 1992 and have continued to grow. Currently an average of 15% of the population in the U.S. has a working alarm system. Our goal is to provide home security for the whole nation and educate consumers on the importance of home security. For more updates, recipes, home security tips and DIY projects…visit our Facebook page today!