If you’re on the hunt for a cute and simple spring project, your search ends here. Easter is right around the corner! Collect Easter eggs or fill these adorable baskets with candy or flowers. You can even use them to display things around the house! If you’re looking to do something fun or get the kids excited about the Easter Bunny, this is the perfect do-it-yourself project at home. Maybe you’re looking to make something festive for the upcoming holiday. If that’s the case, you’re in luck! Today we will discuss how to make your own upcycled springtime baskets!
What You Need:
Before you begin, create a spacious work area and collect the following materials:
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Wire Cutters
- Egg Cartons
Collect the materials listed above and now you can begin your DIY project!
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make your very own upcycled springtime baskets.
- Cut out a mini basket from an old egg carton. Egg cartons can surprisingly make very durable and sustainable craft items. You can even use them to organize. Use the area that the egg sits in as the bowl of the basket. You can get creative with how you want your basket to be shaped. Just remember what kind of things you’ll want to put in it.
- Paint the bowl of the basket any desired color with your acrylic paint and paint brushes. We suggest painting it one solid color, letting the basket dry, and then painting any desired patterns or shapes on it. Be sure not to use too much water or saturate the card board of the egg carton too much because it will get soggy and eventually weaken the basket.Don’t put too many coats of paint on it. Also, acrylic will dry very quickly. However, try to let it dry before continuing with another color.
- Once the paint has dried, punch two small holes in each basket. This will be where you put the handle for the basket.
- Thread the wire through the holes on each basket to create the handles. You can go rouge and put two handles or make it like an Easter basket and loop one through the hole.
- Secure the wire by wrapping the excess wire around the handle. Use wire cutters and tuck in the end to minimize sharpness.
- Tie a bow to the top of each handle with seam binding ribbon. Make it pretty!
- Finish your basket off with decorative excelsior and a few Easter eggs in pretty pastel shades.
You can spray your basket with clear spray paint to make the paint last longer, but this is optional. We hope that you have enjoyed this post by Protect America. When you choose a home security company, make sure it’s one you can trust – after all, you’re placing your most valued items in its care. Protect America has a long 20 year history, a large customer base, and a wealth of experience. Whatever your needs, we can help you.