They say the home is where the heart is, and most people will agree that their home symbolizes security for them and their family. But that security is under threat. It is estimated that 325,000 homes are broken into each year. These home invasions often lead to loss of property and even physical injury in some cases. The FBI cites that during these crimes families are losing up to 14.3 billion dollars in losses. And that amount does not even consider the emotional turmoil that an individual would experience after the crime has taken place.
What Can Families Do?
What can families do to protect themselves and their belongings? The simple answer is to install a security system. However, for many families, a monitored home security system would be a luxury well beyond their budget parameters. The good news, is that, monitored and even automated home security systems are not actually as far out of your reach as you may think. Let’s look at some pros and cons of home security systems for 2019 and find out just how accessible this important service could be to you and your family.
Pros of Home Security Systems
Modern home security systems provide a lot more features and services than they did several years ago. At Protect America our monitored systems provide:
- Complete perimeter protection with door, window, and glass break sensors.
- Interior motion detection that use both heat and movement, intelligently alerting monitoring professional of intruders.
- check24/7 live video monitoring through our simple to use security cameras with two-way voice capability.
- Life safety features with monitored carbon, heat, and smoke detection equipment.
- Always connected home anytime, anywhere with our smartphone mobile apps.
This is a far cry from the old-fashioned alarm systems which simply tripped off every time someone tried to open a door.
Another huge advantage is that security systems are much more affordable today than they were a few decades ago. When technology is very new it tends to be very expensive. Over the years companies like Protect America have perfected the best most effective and affordable ways to bring state of the art home security to your home without breaking the bank.
FBI crime information shows us that home security system discourages criminals.
Burglars are most attracted to homes that do not have a home security system, but only 17% of houses have a system in place. Homes without a security system are 300% more likely to be burglarized. 95% of all home invasions require some sort of forceful entry, be that breaking a window, picking a lock, or kicking in a door. The most common tools used for breaking in are pry bars, pliers, screwdrivers, and little hammers. All easily concealed and very common tools, making them harder to trace.
So, what could possibly be a con of a home security system? The truth is that most families must base their choices, even choices about safety, on the reality of their money situation. Many families believe that they simply cannot afford the luxury of a home security system. The problem with this thinking is that home security is being viewed as a luxury, not a necessity. When you start looking at this type of investment as an insurance against loss, you will see how really you can’t afford not to have a home security system.
Protect America does understand, though, that money most be considered. And that is why they offer:
- No installation fees, locked-in rates and a price-match guarantee.
- Nine-time Consumers Digest Best Buy winner.
- Simple & Affordable Home Security as low as $30/mo.
- Up to $1,400 in Free Equipment
- Locked-in Rate: The Other Guys Can’t Say That.
- No Installation Fees, Ever.
- Price Match Guarantee: Find a Better Deal? We’ll Match it.
If you are ready to take the next step in your family’s security, call today for a free quote.