Home security system coupons might seem like they represent big deals for you as a customer. Make sure you’re comparing all the costs involved, though, before you take the plunge and sign on the dotted line for a home security system that doesn’t serve your needs or protect your family.
What Discounts does the Coupon Provide?
In some cases, the coupon doesn’t actually represent any real savings to you. It is simply a reflection of the price the company is willing to sell select home security systems for. Before you buy, there are certain questions you need to have answered.
- What items are included in the security system?
- Is the system, as is, sufficient to cover all the windows, doors, entrances, etc. to your home?
- Is the system upgradable?
- Does the discounted price include system monitoring?
- Is monitoring available from the company?
- Is monitoring available with this system?
- What kind of contract is required (for instance, Protect America requires a 36-month contract for our security systems)?
- How much are installation costs and are they included in the coupon price?
You might not think these questions are important, however, if you’re looking to save money on home insurance, you’ll find that the savings don’t really kick in unless your security system is monitored. Then, according to the New York Times, the insurance savings for monitored systems average between 15 and 20 percent. The report going on to say that the “the discount savings amounted to $221.93 a year.”
What Type of Equipment Should You Expect in Your Home Security System?
Monitored home security systems are the most effective investments you can make when it comes to home security. Especially if you’re hoping to recover the bulk of your costs through insurance savings. Aside from the monitoring, though, what equipment do you really need?
- Door/window sensors.
- Motion detectors. Especially motion detecting lights on your home’s exterior.
- HD wireless video cameras (with night vision or lowlight capabilities whenever possible).
- Two-way audio.
- Monitored smoke detectors.
- Control panel.
You might even consider a home automation system that turns the lights on at night so neighbors and would be thieves believe you are home, even when you’re away on business or out on the town.
Is the System One You Can Upgrade?
As you evolve as a person, your security needs evolve as well. For instance, bringing a baby home or having a teenage in the house creates new security needs – especially for dads concerning teenaged daughters. While you may not need these things today, you may need to upgrade your system before you contract expires. Does the couponed system allow for that possibility?
Why Buy from Protect America?
Protect America is different than many other companies on the market today. Instead of selling pricey equipment you may not need for your home, we offer simple and affordable solutions you can install yourself, eliminating expensive installation costs with other companies.
At Protect America, we even offer highly affordable professional monitoring services with the ability to upgrade your system to include complete smart home automation. This means you can control:
- Garage doors
- Surveillance cameras
- And monitor for smoke and fire remotely.
Don’t wait for disaster to strike before you decide to make the investment of a security system to protect your home and family. Contact Protect America today to learn more about your options for a home security system.