When it comes to flooding are you prepared? Floods can happen two different ways; water pipes/appliances in your home or naturally from rain and storms. Both at the same time would be horrible, but this situation can happen during a combination of both rain and storms that include tornado’s or hurricanes.
Replacing valuables due to flooding can be a heartbreaking experience. Not only does flood ruin valuables such as electronics and furniture, but also it can damage your flooring, carpet and can do extensive damages to your home.
Being properly prepared for floods is probably the best solution especially if you live in an area that’s below sea level. Having proper procedures set in the event of a flood could be the best solution. Here are some quick tips to be prepared:
Flood Safety Tips
- Make sure all doors and windows are tightly sealed (airtight) to avoid leaks or water seeping through.
- Have an exit route through your community if water is quickly rising. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Store pictures or valuables in high areas of your home. Avoid leaving them in boxes on the floor in a basement.
- Add a flood sensor to your home security system. Being alerted right when water is dedicated can you give you quick notice and allow you to handle the flood properly.
- Do not attempt to drive through low water crossings or where you see water is elevated.
- Avoid plugging or touching electronic connection near outlets that are near water.
Here are a few tips on how to best waterproof your home.
These are just a few of some of our helpful tips. You can’t avoid natural disasters or random floods from water pipe leaks, but you can be prepared. It’s important to understand the safety procedures you can take to not only make your family safe but your home as well.
For more information about Protect America and our flood sensor, call 888-951-5136. Give us a call today or fill out the form on the right with your contact information.