It is estimated that only about 10 percent of burglaries reported to the authorities ever result in an arrest being made. While burglary rates have fallen over the past few years, the dollar value of the items being stolen has continued to rise during this same period of time. Any home without a security system is at greater risk to be burglarized. Here’s a quick look at three important facts about professional home security systems proving the cost of a home security system is well worth the investment. Bonus facts are also provided to you realize that instead of viewing a home security system as an expense, you should start looking at it as one of your most valuable assets.

professional-security-systems-three-interesting-facts

1. Security Systems Deter Burglars

Burglars admit before attempting a break-in, they look to see if the home is protected by a home security system. Furthermore, burglars acknowledge that 60 percent of the time if the home is protected, they leave. If you have yet to protect your home with a security system, there’s never been a better time to make the investment, and you should start by contacting Protect America. We offer a no-hassle, free installation process, up to $1,400 in free equipment, and you can easily pick a contract that works best for your budget.

According to Consumer Reports, “Security and monitoring devices are still among the top-use cases for a smart home, and approximately 20 percent of the residential market has a professionally monitored security system. The majority of the remaining 80 percent includes consumers who are interested in smart-home and security products and services but are not looking for professionally installed options.” While DIY systems are available in a wide range of price ranges and boast an array of features, having a security system through Protect America ensures you have access to 24/7 professional monitoring and customer support, both of which are crucial to keeping you, your family, and your home safe.

2. Burglars Return If They Don’t Get Caught

Burglars know that victims will most likely replace their stolen items with new ones. This is often an enticement for a burglar to want to return and steal again. It is not uncommon for burglars to learn the layout of the home while burglarizing it to prepare to for a repeat a burglary in the future.

3. Common Targets Are Condos and Apartments

In populated housing areas, such as apartments and condos, strangers are more acceptable and unsuspicious. It is common for burglars to disguise themselves as workers or other tenants to enter secure areas and burglarize renter’s and owner’s residences.

Benefits of Professional Home Security Systems Rates

Tenants are often unaware that being a new tenant does not ensure they are the only one who has access to the property. More often than not, landlords do not change locks when new tenants arrive. This means previous tenants who have not returned their keys have easy access to the front doors. Rental agreements often dissuade tenants from making alterations to the property, meaning they can’t change the locks and therefore are more susceptible to being burglarized. Wireless home security options are an excellent option renters can take advantage of to protect themselves from thieves without having to alter the property. Some of the most notable features of home security systems include:

  • Remote monitoring
  • Remote arming and disarming
  • Smart home automation, like garage door control

professional-security-systems-three-interesting-facts

Burglars Are Often Acquaintances

In 65 percent of violent burglaries, the victim had been in contact with the burglar on at least one previous occasion. In 30 percent of non-violent burglaries where homeowners were home, the residents knew the burglar. Homes, where single women and children reside, are more likely to be burglarized while someone is present in the home. Often, they are perceived as vulnerable.

The Time of Day Matters

Thieves are more likely to burglarize a home when no one is there. Almost half of all burglaries occur during the day while people are away from their home and most of the neighbors are gone.

Conclusion

Contact Protect America today to learn more about the importance of protecting your home with a professional home security system.