How many times have you walked out the door, locked it, started car, only to realize that you’ve forgotten to arm your security system? When walking home at night, do you ever worry that someone is following you? Sometimes, convenience can be the difference between leaving your property secured or vulnerable and between your family feeling safe or threatened. Security keychains provide an easy, lightweight solution.
When it comes to convenience in security, our 4-button keychains bring great value to your family’s home security system. Not only can they make the day-to-day use of your security system easier, they also add safety and access to any family members walking home alone.
Our security keychains provide many features that make it a must have for busy families.
- Unlock Button
- The button on the highest part of the keychain has an icon with an open lock on it.
- Press and hold down the button for 1-2 seconds to disarm the system.
- You can do this as you walk up to your door or even once you’re inside so that you don’t have to enter the passcode on the panel. This is especially useful when you have your hands full with groceries (or kids).
- Lock Button
- The button on the lowest part of the keychain has an icon with a closed lock on it.
- Press and hold down the button for 1-2 seconds to arm your door and window sensors. Note that this arms the system with an entry and exit delay. If you want the alarm to go off as soon as the door is opened after arming it with your keychain, you will need to activate the “Keyfob No Delay” option on your panel.
- Press and hold down the button for 1-2 seconds to activate your motion detectors. Wait to arm your motions until you are out of the house.
- Press and hold down the button for 1-2 seconds to activate the latch key feature.
- Pressing both the lock and unlock buttons together will trigger a panic signal to the monitoring station.
- This will work even after the system is disarmed.
- Lightbulb Button
- The button right under the unlock button has a lightbulb on it.
- If you have X10 appliance controllers connected to your automated home system, you will be able to turn them on and off with just a push of a button on your keychain.
- Star Button
- Has no function
Not only do security keychains provide great convenience, they have been the number one tool for preventing home invasions because of the panic feature.
We’ve had more than one customer tell us about break-ins that happen right as they come home. Unfortunately, criminals are not as dumb as we’d like to think they are. They know that when you walk in the door, you will disarm your system, and there is at least a few minutes when they can catch you off guard. Fortunately, these customers had keychain remotes in their hands, and they were able to trip the alarm to dispatch the police.
The best thing is, if you trip the panic, a criminal cannot take it from you to disarm the system because it will be temporarily disabled until the next time you put in your code.