The home security industry has massively expanded since its inception, now providing customers with smartphone technology and home automation services to monitor properties, both indoors and out. This has resulted in a wide variety of options when creating a home security system. If you are searching for a home security system provider that is reliable, affordable, and flexible, it is important to consider all of your options. Verizon is one source of an array of security camera solutions that are also compatible with smartphone devices. You may even be able to use your Verizon cell phone camera as part of your security system. Before choosing a product or home security service, be sure to consider which features are right for you.
Home Security Systems Offered by Verizon
Verizon itself does not provide a home security monitoring service.. However, Verizon does provide customers with the option of choosing from a wide range of wireless home security devices and products to create a home security system of your own. Some of the home security product brands currently offered from Verizon include:
- Nest: Nest is becoming increasingly popular, allowing customers the ability to merge the latest home security technology with home automation and smartphone devices. Using Nest, however, will require a hefty upfront fee of at least $499. For some, this price point may be out of their budget, especially if they are seeking to invest in just one or two cameras for their homes.
- ARLO: ARLO home security products also include wireless technology, home automation features, and smartphone functions. However, the base price to get started with an ARLO system is $449.99. For the Ultra security package the price is $599.77.
- Ring: Ring is currently one of the most popular home security providers on the market today, especially for individuals who prefer a self-monitoring system. Compared to other all-in-one securtity systems, Ring is affordable at just under $200 for its official starter kit. Ring requires customers to monitor their own cameras and equipment. However, they also offer a professional monitoring service to ring customers for as little as $10 a month. This makes it one of the most viable options for consumers who list affordability as a top priority for their home security service.
- Canary: Canary was the first home security brand promoted by Verizon. Its original release offered wired-only security features, however, the brand has been expanded into wireless technology gadgets and all-in-one solutions
Whenever you looking into a new home security system, it is a good idea to calculate your budget. Some companies may charge fees for equipment and install, while others may waive these charges. It’s also worth learning whether you can use an old cell phone with your security system. Not all cellular devices are compatible with other products and services offered by home security companies. Because of this, it is essential to conduct adequate research prior to settling on a decision. Because Verizon does not offer a home security monitoring service, be sure to research independent security camera systems to determine whether your smartphones and cellular devices are compatible.
Pros and Cons of Verizon’s Security Solutions
Verizon offers customers the option of choosing their preferred home security company when building an all-in-one solution for their homes. Some of the advantages of using Verizon include:
- Choose from a wide range of providers and companies
- Invest only what you can afford by selecting individual equipment to protect your home
- Avoid installation fees, surcharges, and monthly fees by monitoring your own equipment
- Customize your security system by choosing equipment that is relevant to the type of protection you intend to implement
- Many providers with Verizon offer security apps for Andriod phone for easy accessibility and remote monitoring from any location
Although Verizon provides plenty of freedom when it comes to choosing a home security system or building your own, it is important to consider some of the cons of using Verizon for your home security system, such as:
- No professional monitoring available from Verizon itself
- You are responsible for making emergency phone calls or filing police reports as necessary when you choose to self-monitor your homes and properties
- Lack of support may also be prevalent among companies that do not provide ongoing monitoring services. This can make it more difficult to get the most out of your security devices.
Using Old Cellular Devices as Security Cameras
Using an old cell phone as a security camera for your home is one way to monitor your property. However, you may want or need more than the limited security this will provide. Before deciding on how you’re going to secure your home, be sure to outline your requirements.
If you are unsure of which home security system is right for you, consider contacting Protect America. Protect America is the nation’s 14th leading home security provider. In addition to its affordability, Protect America provides individuals with flexible equipment plans and free equipment up to $1400 to help get you started. Ready to learn more? Visit ProtectAmerica.com today to get your free quote and to discover how you can use your preferred cellular devices to begin monitoring and securing your home.