Home security camera apps, just like other home security apps, make life easier by being able to watch your home while you are away and often access temperature, garage and other features with full access from your mobile devices. There is a plethora of apps that are available to coordinate with home security systems. Choosing one to suit your purposes may seem overwhelming. Here are five of the best home security apps according to customer ratings, user-friendly systems and ease of use.
Home Security Apps that are Compatible with Various Home Security Systems
These apps are compatible with a wide variety of home security systems
- Alarm.com is a widely used app that is compatible with pretty much every home security company except for Vivint and ADT. Many home security companies opt to work with the Alarm.com app instead of trying to create one of their own because of its reliability and compatibility with various mobile devices-including Apple watch and voice-controlled devices, Apple TV and Amazon Fire. Its smooth interface offers ease of use for anyone with a smartphone or mobile device and customers give it a 5-star rating as a result.
- Protect America’s mobile home security control app is simplistic, one of the most cost-efficient options on the market, and easy to use. Its amenities include GPS tracking, automation and Z-wave product compatibility. Contact them today to learn more about their security systems and home security app.
- Broview is a camera-only capability app that can be hooked up to most home security systems. It is simple, easy to use and has consistently proven to be one of the most reliable home security system apps on the market.
Stand-Alone Home Security Apps
These apps will only work if you are a customer of the home security company itself
- ADT offers a smooth and user-friendly interface that is compatible with Alexa. (This has been a major selling point for their app.) The display is vivid and clean, and the app offers voice recognition, automation, connection with Nest thermostat, various user capability has been in business for over 140 years in some capacity. They have been quick to adapt to Alexa and use it as a big selling point. Customers give it a 5-star rating.
- Vivint Sky App has an incredible live-feed dashboard, offering security snapshots every five minutes of what is going on at home in front of their cameras. If something suspicious comes up, the user can click to view the live feed. Notifications are instant when sensors are triggered, giving the users real-time feeds with little lagging. Ease of use and the ability to add and delete users, connection to smart-home features and thermostats, frequent updates, phenomenal customer support and the ability to control door locks and garage awareness gets this app a 4.5 out of 5-star rating.
Things to Remember when using Home Security Apps on your Mobile Devices
Home security apps give you the ability to view various points in your home and assure that your home is safe while you are away, but you want to remember that if you don’t maintain the security of the app itself, you’re putting your own security at risk.
Remember to always lock your smartphone, tablets and other mobile devices. User accounts should be limited to adult, responsible family members. Try and change your passwords at least a few times a year to prevent hacking. Lastly, when viewing live streams on your app, the best connection is over Wi-Fi to prevent eating through a large portion of your cell plan’s data.