Homes without a security system in place are 300% more likely to become the target of burglars, which is why installing a home security solution is imperative once you become a homeowner. If you have an interest in home security systems that work with cell phones and smartphone technology, it is important to understand and compare all of the options available to you before finalizing your decision.
Nationwide each year, there are more than 7.5 million property crimes reported, with more than 2.5 million burglaries resulting in billions of dollars in damage and losses.
Benefits of Using Cell Phones With Your Home Security System
Integrating your home security system with your cell phone allows you to monitor and keep track of your home and property at all times, even when you are traveling or on-the-go for work. Some of the benefits that are popular with home security systems that work with smartphones include:
- Receive immediate alerts and push notifications whenever your security cameras detect visitors or if your alarm has been set off
- Access your home security cameras from anywhere in the world using an Android or iOS smartphone
- Automatic organization of media along with any video clips that have been recorded using your home security system
- Automatically store recorded audio and video clips to the cloud where they are accessible at all times without the risk of losing data
DIY Home Security Systems
Installing your own home security system to work in conjunction with your cell phone is possible by building an individual home security setup or by choosing a provider that also offers smartphone features. Before choosing a DIY home security system that you monitor on your own, it is important to consider some of the drawbacks of doing so yourself without a monitored solution in place:
- You are responsible for properly installing and wiring all security equipment you want throughout your home and its exterior
- It is your responsibility to develop a system to record and store both audio and video that has been captured using your home security system in order to show police or to file a police report against a burglar or vandal who has damaged your property
- When an alarm is triggered, you are responsible for calling the local authorities to report a crime or another incident such as a fire
- DIY systems are often limited in the features they offer, which can feel underwhelming when you are interested in a robust and complex security system
Monitored Home Security
Choosing a monitored home security provider that offers the ability to integrate cell phones is extremely popular. With a monitored home security solution, you are always protected and not solely responsible for alerting the proper authorities in a break-in or fire. Monitored home security companies are able to swiftly contact police officers and firefighters to immediately send help, even if you are not currently in your home.
Protect America is a home security service that offers 24/7 monitored protection to keep you and your family safe and out of harm’s way. With Protect America, choose from existing plans including equipment or build your own security system with individual security cameras and accessories. Protect America is a leading home security provider that offers low-cost monitoring services without traditional installation fees and equipment costs (up to $1,400).
Looking to get started with a home security system you can trust and rely on even when you are not home? Contact Protect America to learn more about our current plans, equipment, and how you can receive your free quote today.