Mounting the Simon XT panel on the wall is simple and easy. Follow these steps to securely mount your panel in your desired location so that you can continue arming and disarming your home security system in an efficient and accessible way.
Mounting Your Panel
- Choose a good panel location. It should be somewhere that is accessible but still somewhat out of sight; you can get to it easily, but an intruder won’t be able to beeline to it as soon as they break in.
Run the power, phone, siren, and other contact wires to the desired panel location so that it’s ready to be plugged in to your panel once it’s mounted.
Note: When choosing the AC outlet location for the AC power transformer, make sure the outlet is not controlled by a switch or that it not part of a ground fault circuit interrupt.
- Hold the panel against the wall, and mark the mounting hole locations with a pencil.
- Use the supplied mounting hardware to mount the back piece to the wall through the two horizontally centered mounting holes. Use wall anchors if no studs are present.
- Connect the chassis assembly to the mounted back piece, and let it hang down. Thi smakes the terminal strip accessible for wiring the hardwired components to the panel.
- Feed wires through openings in the back piece to be ready to attach them to the screw terminals or the phone connectors.
- Install all screws and tighten gently.
If you have any questions or want a security expert to guide you through the process, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-951-5111.