Protect America’s keychain remote controls allow you to arm and disarm your home alarm system with the push of a button. You can even enjoy the convenience of turning off your system as you pull into the driveway. If you ever need to send a panic signal, the keychain remote will allow you to do so from anywhere inside your home, allowing you to notify authorities immediately. This 4-button key fob is compatible with your Protect America control panel. The key chain remote will allow you to arm or disarm and control a variety of functions within 300 feet of the control panel.
In this post, we will show you step-by-step instructions on how to change the battery inside your home security keychain remote control device. We will also show you how to troubleshoot any other conditions you might experience with your keychains. Let’s take a closer look!
Changing the Battery
If you think your keychain remote needs a battery change, you can check by taking a look at your home security panel. This condition occurs when a panel reports a sensor has a low battery. The sensor may still be communicating with the control panel. Trouble beeps will start and the SYSTEM STATUS button will light. Press the SYSTEM STATUS button twice to hear which sensor(s) have trouble. Sensor batteries can be replaced relatively easily. In order to replace a battery, simply follow these steps:
- Protect America Batteries are not included in the lifetime warranty we offer. However, you can purchase a battery for $5 or through a third party vendor to expedite replacement. The battery required is one A27 Battery.
- If you have already purchased and/or received the battery, you can open the device by removing the screw on the back of the keychain.
- Remove the old battery and replace it with the new battery.
- Assemble the device and test it with your panel to ensure it is working properly. It’s as simple as that!
Changing your batteries in a keychain remote control device is fairly simple. However if you have any issues doing so, do not hesitate to check out our support page. You can also chat or call1-800-951-5111 to speak with a technician who will walk you through the steps!
Troubleshooting a Non-responsive Keychain
This condition occurs when the Keychain is not activating the control panel. Determine if the keychain is actually programmed into the control panel. Program the keychain into the panel if it is not already in sync by calling us! The keyfob is easily integrated with your security system. Our security experts are ready to walk you through the steps! Simply call 1-800-951-5111, Option 3 or speak with us over chat! If you have done this already, move to step 1.
- Does the small LED light show when the unlock button is pressed on your keychain remote? If it does not then the battery is likely dead and needs to be replaced. If it does not respond, move to the next step.
- Check to see if the buttons are sticking on the keychain. If the buttons are stuck, open the keychain with a small screw driver and push the buttons back out. Ensure that there is no debris surrounding the buttons. If the buttons are not stuck then move to the next step.
- If the keychain is still not responding, you should delete the sensor from programming. If you need to remove the sensor from programming in your panel, follow the steps below!
Removing the Keychain from Programming
- Scroll to System Programming in your Simon XT panel
- Press OK, Type 1960, Press OK
- Scroll to Sensors, Press OK
- Scroll to Delete Sensor, Press OK
Don’t ever leave a malfunctioning sensor in programming! If the sensor is not deleted from programming you will continue to experience an offline status. This could cause more issues for you down the line, and we certainly do not want you to experience that! Once you have completed all the steps in troubleshooting your home security keychain, it should begin to work properly for you.
We hope that this post will act as a helpful guide for you in the event of a keychain issue. However, if you are still having trouble with your sensor/keychain, call or chat in to get your keychain replaced under warranty. Any of our representatives would be more than happy to assist you with the troubleshooting process!